Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
mike63740
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:12 am Reply with quote

I might be asking questions that has already been answered in the RNWiki or RNForums.

Can I convert RavenNuke v2.50.00 database files to RavenNuke v2.51.00? Will the conversion filter out all deprecated codes?

These database files were created under the following environment:
phpMyAdmin 4.1.5
MySQL 5.1.55
PHP 5.3.6

My goal is to do a new installation, by deleting the RavenNuke database and all files and folders on the remote server. Then ftp all files and folders under the RavenNuke v2.51.00 html directory, and create a new database.

Before uploading, RavenNuke v2.51.00 config.php and rnconfig.php files will be updated, but not replaced.

My local copy of RavenNuke v2.50.00 will be safe. There will be files and folders I expect to ftp for the converted database files.

Thank you.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 3:06 pm Reply with quote

The upgrade script only updates the database. You have to manually upload the files to your site. Just follow the upgrade instructions here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 11:19 pm Reply with quote

I followed the information in my first post above. My first mistake was deleting the ravennuke database. I should had run the /INSTALLATION/rndb_upgrade.php file instead.

So, I imported my original ravennuke database back, and then ran rndb_upgrade.php. It was an error free upgrade. I know I’ve done this before.

Everything looks normal and well except the header. The header has the RavenNuke logo and the advertising ads are above the header.

I’m thinking there is a file I did not edit or move over from my local copy of RavenNuke v2.50.00 to 2.51.00.

What have I not done?

Thank you.

mike63740

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 12:38 am Reply with quote

I’ve notice in Advertising Administration all ads Type is 0 - Page Top, and if I set it to 1 - Page Header ads will not show.

I'm using the same theme as before.
* Theme: Fisubice

In the meantime, I’m looking here for answers: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mike63740

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:20 am Reply with quote

This fixed the logo: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It looks the same, It looks good. Smile

mike63740

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:02 am Reply with quote

I created a new ad and gave it the 1 - Page Header type. It let me down, no show.

Then I changed the type to 0 - Page Top. It appeared on top nice and neat, but not for me.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:50 am Reply with quote

mike63740, for sure because in your theme.php, function themeheader, is ads(0) defined. Sou you need only change the value from 0 to 1.

php Code:
	if ($banners == 1) {

echo ads(1);
}

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:00 am Reply with quote

All ads are appearing on top of the header.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:09 am Reply with quote

try this:

php Code:
	if ($banners == 1) {

echo ads(0);
$showbanners = ads(1);
}

mike63740

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:15 am Reply with quote

Yes, it works just fine.

Thank you.

mike63740

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:29 am Reply with quote

I notice that my old theme.php file don’t have echo ads(0);, but $showbanners= ads(0); instead.

Thanks again. Smile

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic