Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
mook
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 6:01 pm Reply with quote

I would like to know how I could change everyone's avatar to one I want specified. I can change them each individually, but that would take forever.
How would I run a mass sql query to change everyone's avatar?
Any ideas? Rolling Eyes

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:30 pm Reply with quote

First and foremost, BACKUP your nuke_users table.

Use phpMyAdmin and in the SQL window, execute this query
Code:
UPDATE nuke_users set user_avatar = 'AVATAR_NAME';
Now, depending on where the avatar is, you may/may-not have to include a directory. Look at a record for a user that has an avatar that is working. That will tell you where you want to point to.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 7:50 pm Reply with quote

Thank you! That worked... of course. hehe.

Say I wanted to make a forum rules page that would be linked from the main menu. How would I do that? Is there some example code that I could reference? Nothing extravagant. I just want it to use the current theme that is applied for that particular user. I wonder how this can be done.
Thanks for help in advance.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 8:13 pm Reply with quote

eek, ok some of them aren't showing up.
How should the directory path look...would it be the full URL plus directory path? Looks like the ones that have remote url avatars aren't showing up.
Any ideas?

[/edit]
Ok, some of the paths are different for different users. So, I need to bustle through some main PHP huh?

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:36 pm Reply with quote

Well, I have been looking and trying different things and still nothing.
Just an update.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Nevermind, I found what to do on another thread here.
For those of you who have read this and need closure, go here.

Thanks again Raven.

Now about that Forum rules page? hehe. j/k. I am sure you will have an answer or somewhere I can go and read about it. Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 9:58 pm Reply with quote

mook wrote:
Now about that Forum rules page? hehe. j/k. I am sure you will have an answer or somewhere I can go and read about it. Laughing
I don't know what you mean?

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 10:31 pm Reply with quote

Basically, I don't understand how to make a page in nuke.
You know how there is a FAQ page. That's what I want, but I want to customize it. Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2003 4:10 am Reply with quote

The best way to learn is to take what you already have, buy a book on PHP and MySQL, and start hacking Wink

Othic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 9:09 am Reply with quote

I found a book on Amazona PHP/MySQL Programming for the absolute beginner, also comes along with a CD to help you. Here is the description:

If you are new to programming with PHP and MySQL and are looking for a solid introduction, this is the book for you. Developed by computer science instructors, books in the for the absolute beginner series teach the principles of programming through simple game creation. You will acquire the skills that you need for more practical programming applications and will learn how these skills can be put to use in real world scenarios. Best of all, by the time you finish this book you will be able to apply the basic principles you’ve learned to the next programming language you tackle.

Does it sound like a good buy? I already tried our public library the stupid library doesn't have a single book on php, and the ones for mysql were either in the wrong spot cause I didn't find them, or they were checked out. Seriously my library needs to get into the 21st century, like PHP-Nuke's slogan it is the future of the web Very Happy

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:26 pm Reply with quote

Somehow I missed this last post - Sorry! I actually had a chance to look at that book when I was at Borders yesterday. Looks to be just what you would need Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic