Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Hello everyone,
I've been away too busy for my hobby site but decided to upgrade today Very Happy
to 2.5. All looks ok except my dinosaur coppermine blocks and module is broken. I see following error:

Code:
While executing query "SELECT * FROM nuke_cpg_config" on 0

mySQL error: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

Any help is appreciated and hope everyone is ok, and if not what the hey, it's over soon Dec...2012 Laughing Laughing Laughing

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:18 pm Reply with quote

Looking into this JC. I believe the problem is that coppermine is using a mysql connection and RN (as of 2.5) uses a mysqli connection so we'll either have to use both simultaneously (if it's possible) or modify Coppermine.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Here is one you can try on a test server. I haven't finished testing on it but most everything seemed to work with limited testing.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Here is one you can try on a test server. I haven't finished testing on it but most everything seemed to work with limited testing.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

thanks this one almost did the trick, all seams to work except when trying to click on any album...
modules.php?name=coppermine&file=thumbnails&album=12

no errors just blank.

thanks Exclamation

Last edited by NeapolitanWorld on Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:14 am; edited 1 time in total 
nuken

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm. Where is the link at? The C in coppermine should be capitalized.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote

nuken, if you are using that package on a prodction site, please be aware that although it seems to be modified to use RN's DB abstraction layer, the original code base seems to be quite old. I noticed exclusive use of the super global $_REQUEST instead of explicitly use $_POST or $_GET (as appropriate).

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:59 am Reply with quote

I did not look too deep into the module. Great point....

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 9:44 am Reply with quote

Hi...
Is anyone still working on making coppermine work properly with RN2.5?

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 3:41 pm Reply with quote

CodyG,

I want try to help you.. I use these ported version from years ago I have heavy modified it. let me think if I still remember the code..

I can try to answer your questions if you write in simple English... (my English is not well)

Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 3:23 am Reply with quote

doffer83, the coppermine for nuke is very old have some minor security issues. Since some years it doesn't exist a new port for nuke, so you get only the old outdated version. In RN25 it will not more work without a lot of changes.

Try a look on my RN Gallery: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 09, 2013 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Minor? Laughing Yeah, like minor enough to get you hacked...
I agree with neralex, I would try something newer, like the one he posted. I think jestrella made one as well... could be others (my memory is fading... getting older). Smile

doffer83

PostPosted: Mon Aug 12, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote

neralex, I am using it now.. really good module..

with coppermine I used the next code to show new requests in the admin submissions box (in main file I add:)

Code:
      $num = $db->sql_numrows($db->sql_query("SELECT * FROM nuke_cpg_pictures WHERE approved='NO'"));

$content .= "<strong><big>&middot;</big></strong>&nbsp;<a href=\"modules.php?name=coppermine&file=editpics&mode=upload_approval\">bekijk nieuwe foto's</a>: $num<br>";

Now I would like to do the same with the recommanded rn gallery.. can you write the code please?

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2013 5:23 am Reply with quote

doffer83,

please use every time the support forum on my website for question to the gallery. I don't want go off topic here!

Thanks.

montego

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 6:44 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
doffer83,

please use every time the support forum on my website for question to the gallery. I don't want go off topic here!

Thanks.

Agreed Neralex! Thank you.

doffer83

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:00 am Reply with quote

montego, come on how do I know that.. I thought it is raven cms so I have to start here..

Tell me now please if I need support of somthing you made do I have to use ur own forum 2? I can't smell it you know

montego

PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2013 6:11 am Reply with quote

doffer83, please do not read anything negative into either my post or neralex. We are both just trying to help you get the proper support that you need. Nothing wrong with you posting here when you don't know where to get support. Most developers with active projects will have their own support forums on their own sites. Me being a developer, have the same, and those forums are your best avenue to get direct support from that developer.

The gallery tool in question isn't within the RN package nor is it available from this site. But, again, no problem starting here like you did. Everything is good, doffer83.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic