Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
bigbird2013

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:27 am Reply with quote

Hi,

As I assume our site is being spammed I decided to update it from 2.3 to the latest version 2.5. I have quit some spam user registrations daily and also our site has about 15 to 20 visitors online continiously where we normally just had a few users, (small gaming clan).

To feel safe I figured I'd update to the latest ravennuke and that proces went well, including the sentinel updates. No error reports on the updates.

I noticed last week that when I forced users to confirm our terms of registration by enabling that option to show users that form, the spam user registrations stopped. But I was still a bit worried so I decided to update anyway.

After updating I figured it might be wise to use the security code confirmation option which was enabled by default after the update.

But when I try to login as a user or as admin with that option enabled I won't get passed the login form as the security code image isn't loaded. It just shows an image with a red X in it.

I am not sure if captcha was working in my prior installation as it wasn't enabled at that time.

I've browsed through this forum but won't seem to be able to find the proper solution. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

As an example I have added an image of the pop-up with the missing image.
Also I am searching on the proper file to change the backgrond color of that pop up.

Any help much appreciated.

**EDIT** this is the source from the imagefile:

../images/captcha.php?size=normal&imgID=1369319621

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 8:57 am Reply with quote

If you go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] does the captcha show correctly?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:08 am Reply with quote

woooops found the problem!

Must have done something wrong on the file upload, I had alot of similar files on my site only the filename was prefixed with ._
I think this might have occured after copying the files to a usb on my mac pc.

For example if I had like config.php on my site I also had a ._config.php on my site. This was also applied to the images files.
After deleting all the files starting with ._ it seems to be working now.

Just searching where to change the background color. Tnx for any help so far, much appreciated!

nuken

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

bigbird2013

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 2:22 pm Reply with quote

fantastic! Worked it out now. Thank you very much.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic