Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...
mook
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:34 pm Reply with quote

Different error.

MySQL said Table 'fl4tline_forum.phpbbauth_access' doesn't exist

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:37 pm Reply with quote

You are 1 post behind. Look at my post above your last one. Your $p_prefix variable is wrong.

mook

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2003 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Oh yeah I forgot about that underscore. When I was trying to transfer them myself that worked. hehe.
Ok i am done with that part ...on to next. I will keep checking this thread for anything though for a little while! Wink
Thanks for the frequent help!

mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:01 am Reply with quote

OK, so the script ran and everything looks to be there and I still need to run the match and list tables separately, but now my old forums don't work. Never mind that though, my users can wait a little while. The login page is there, but I can not login. Those impatient kids lol.

I am trying to SQL query wordlist and wordmatch into the nuke DB right now and list gets a duplicate entry error...but then when I go to the table it looks as though everything is there. Wordmatch is in the process of transferring right now.

I am doing this through phpmyadmin, so I wonder if it will time-out. Hmmm... Can I run half of the SQL query(wordmatch or wordlist) then the other half.
Another words, split each sql query up into parts? If this is possible... Do I need to add the "dumping data" stuff at the top of the file?

I am kinda lost and frustrated, but I am even more determined. Wink

mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 12:31 am Reply with quote

So, let's go back a bit.
When I said that the script ran...it did. I got just the PHP credit and analysis stuff so I thought everything was good. Maybe something was wrong here.

So....then I transferred the word tables like you said. Everything looked good there.
Then I go to the nuke_users table to check the anonymous # that you say to check and change to a certain # there.
There are NO users there!!! I am so messed up now. I dont have the old forums and now I don't have the users in my nuke.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!?!?!!!!
Crying or Very sad

I wish that you would let us converse through IM. It would be much faster.
I understand though.

mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 1:29 am Reply with quote

It's done!!!!!
I had to modify the script some, just for users and rerun it.
Everyone is there. Thank you so much Raven. I will offer up a sacrifice now...lol!!!

TWO LITTLE THINGS:
Avatars show up in "your account", but they are not showing up on posts.
Do you have any ideas or can you point me in a direction and I'll take it from there?

Also, I signed up the super user as reg and super. When I login as reg user, it doesn't sign me into the forums. Any ideas?

Thank you again for ALL of your help and patience.
I will continue to post here and read. I am trying to learn PHP and SQL.
I guess I am still noob. hehe. Rolling Eyes

mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 2:38 am Reply with quote

Actually, there are some problems.
Some of the posts, topics are not there from the old forum.
Can you help me? Embarassed

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:14 am Reply with quote

I have used the script, or a version of it, many times and always had 100% success. Here is a complete breakdown of what I do.

1 - Run the import script
2 - Change the -1 userid to 0 or (1 if 1 is not already used) in nuke_users.
3 - Using phpMyAdmin, change all poster_id from -1 to 0 in nuke_bbposts.
4 - Using phpMyAdmin, change all topics_poster from -1 to 0 in nuke_bbtopics.
5 - Using phpMyAdmin, change all forum_last_poster_id from -1 to 0 in nuke_bbforums.
6 - Manually export/import the wordlist and wordmatch tables.

If you are getting duplicate entry errors it's because you are importing parts of the table that you already imported.

mook

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:59 pm Reply with quote

Did all that. Some posts haven't shown up yet. If you have any other ideas.
I would really appreciate it.
The bulk of it is there. So I am not too concerned.
The users work as far as I can tell. I have had a few people beta test and so far so good.

Do you have any idea how to keep the forum post text from expanding all the way out and not staying resized within say the "header" image?
Also, the avatar forum max size option is not working. Do you know what this is?

I want to say again that Raven did an excellent job in helping me. He is extremely helpful and intuitive. Thanks again for your help Raven!!!!

I will probably have more questions as I am noob and trying my best to soak up this knowledge. Wink

mook

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Uh... hello?
What the heck! Times aren't showing up correctly. hmmm.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 12:49 am Reply with quote

Raven! I need help again!
New users can NOT register.
I tested this. You can sign up, everything looks good, you are sent an email.
Then the link that is in the email goes to a page that says "There is no user in the database with this information. You can register a new user from here."

Please help me someone. What do I need to do?

Thank you for any help in advance. Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:43 am Reply with quote

Please verify by using phpMyAdmin that you have a table in your database named nuke_users_temp. Some people end up with one named prefix_users_temp and if you are one of those, then use phpMyAdmin to rename it to nuke_users_temp.

If you have those tables, check the auto increment value in the nuke_users table. is it some extremely large number? If so, did you change the userid of the anonymous user from -1 to zero or one BEFORE you tried registering a new user?

If you have changed the anonymous user from -1 to 0 or 1 and your auto increment value is a very large number, you need to reset it. First of all edit any entries that already have a very large number. Give that user_id a correct small number, in sequence, from 1. Then, use phpMyAdmin and select the user table. Then select the SQL tab. In that window type the following
Code:
ALTER TABLE nuke_users auto_increment=XXX
where XXX is the next user_id to be issued.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Well, I checked it out, and I found that there are two anonymous users (one with 1 user id which I changed it to and another one with a super high # for user id). Could this be the problem? Could I delete one of them? Oh and also the one with the really high # keeps jumping in front of any new users. Hmmmm? Ineteresting huh?

There is a nuke_users_temp. That was fine.
How do I change the auto-increment? All I saw was to choose auto_increment or nothing. I know there must be a connection here between the first part of my post and this. I just don't know what it is yet.

Thank you for you help Raven! Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Please reread my previous post to you. I answered all of these questions already Smile

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Well, I don't know how to change the auto-increment. Is that just the user id? The first anonymous user ( which has #1 user id ) has auto-increment set way out to the side. None of the other users have this selected.
Then at the very end o f the list the next anonymous user ( which has the really high # for user id) doesn't have aut-increment set way out to the side. The auto-increment thing I am not understanding. Where exactly do I change that? Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Please reread my last post to you and look closely for the ALTER statement.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:00 pm Reply with quote

Oops...hehe. Embarassed I am a dummy. I will do that now.

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:08 pm Reply with quote

Ok, it is fixed. Thank you so much.

New problem... after the new user signs, they get a red x for avatar for default avatar. I have read some about this, but I am not sure how to approach it. Do you have any ideas?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 4:17 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:02 pm Reply with quote

You are truly amazing. I am wondering, what school you attended for your undergrad...or if you're even out of highschool yet? I must assume with your knowledge and patience that you are well into a masters?
I will continue to read and post here. You have a wealth of information my friend. I am sure that this community is very appreciative of the effort you put into this. I will make a donation soon on your behalf.

Hope to learn alot more from you,

- Chris

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:06 pm Reply with quote

Laughing I'll take that as a compliment.

Who is Raven you ask?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

No degree at all. Self taught. Seriously? Talent on loan from God Smile

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:07 pm Reply with quote

ummm Master is an understatement here Laughing he is amazing and very patient. Very Happy

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:15 pm Reply with quote

Well, thank you for letting me see a little bit about you.
Are you Chris too? I may have mixed names up, which one are you? Laughing

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm the old fart - Gaylen (53 years) Laughing

mook

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2003 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Ah, gotcha!
Well, you have a lovely family. Very Happy
I look forward to learning more from you and everyone else here too!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Seeking applications ...

View next topic
View previous topic