Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
jane65
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:15 pm Reply with quote

I have changed this question since I've come to realise that I can't upload files at all to the Downloads, and now have a different question. On the add category form it asks for a relative path for uploads, please can someone tell me what the relative path should be?

Thanks for any help Smile

jane65

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:39 pm Reply with quote

I've managed to sort it now, although the uploader on site still doesn't work for me. Just in case anyone else has a problem with this as it took me a couple of days to figure it out and get it working somehow, I've written what I did below.

Basically I just ended up using ftp to upload the file I want to use as a download to mysite/uploads/file/ and then in my cpanel I set permissions on uploads/file to 777 to prevent any restrictions. I then went into Admin on my website, selected Downloads and then clicked Add Download, the URL to put on the form is something like [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] After this it worked ok.

In my Category I have the relative path as home/username/uploads/file, but not sure if thats just for the uploader that didn't work, so that might not be right.

I still don't know why the uploader on site doesn't work, so if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Smile

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote

I'm a little bit confused about your thread. Which uploader do you mean? The image uploader in the editor? chmod 755 is the best choice for uploads. chmod 777 is a bad value because everyone can write now in this folder.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:18 am Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply Neralex, I'll change to chmod 755. The uploader I'm referring to is in the Downloads module on the User side of the site and accessed through the menu at the top of the Downloads page that reads Add | New | Popular. After clicking Add it leads to a form where a file intended for download can be uploaded. On the form, I added a file for upload, but after submitting the form, I got an error message saying the file wasn't uploaded. It wouldn't upload any files I tried, but maybe its just something simple like the Category relative path being wrong thats blocking the file upload.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 1:07 pm Reply with quote

There are a few reasons why uploads will not work, like size and paths and permissions. Can you view your error logs? Any clues in those?

Can you upload files through the article editor?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic