Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO
CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 6:53 pm Reply with quote

Hi All...

I've got a rn2.30.01 with php5.3. I've finally got some time to look into some errors. I've been using the forum search function for days... but no luck. Maybe I should give up that path and correct these depreciation errors by upgrading the site to RN2.5?

Here are the first couple.

[28-Jan-2013 08:59:44 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated: Assigning the return value of new by reference is deprecated in /home/*****/public_html/includes/nukeSEO/nukeSEOfunctions.php on line 313

[28-Jan-2013 08:59:44 America/Los_Angeles] PHP Deprecated: Function eregi() is deprecated in /home/*****/public_html/modules.php on line 36

I'm hoping these errors are going to be a quick patch type of thing. Any help is much appreciated.

RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:14 pm Reply with quote

If you don't want to upgrade to 2.5, just download 2.5 and compare the files in your site with 2.5. You should be able to see how they were fixed.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:23 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:52 am Reply with quote

Thank you. I will be upgrading several of my smaller sites to 2.5 today and tomorrow. But the larger sites are going to take a bit more time. In the meantime, for the large sites, I've managed to correct the depreciated bits in seven files and am now working on the coppermine files.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:38 am Reply with quote

I'm finding lots of good info here for the coppermine changes: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote

One thing in nukeSEOfunctions.php... is throwing depreciated errors and is also in 2.5.0.0. I'm trying to get the replacement preg_match syntax, but I just don't see it.

<code>
function encodeBoxover($string) {
$string = eregi_replace('\[','(', $string);
$string = eregi_replace('\]',')', $string);
return $string;
}
}</code>

I'm trying to use bbcode.

Is there a way to turn off SEO functions in the config? I'm discovering that if I turn off RSS feeds I can reduce the errors from SimplePie, so where is the off switch for this SEO bit?

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:21 am Reply with quote

A few hours later ... I reduced the coppermine errors, but I'm still getting a ton of SEO and SimplePie errors. These two functions are creating a 60,000+ line error logs in less than 3 hours and it needs to stop. How do I turn it off?

One thing in nukeSEOfunctions.php... is throwing depreciated errors and is also in 2.5.0.0. I'm trying to get the replacement preg_match syntax, but I just don't see it.

<code>
$string = eregi_replace('\[','(', $string);
$string = eregi_replace('\]',')', $string);
return $string;
}
}</code>

I'm trying to use bbcode.

Is there a way to turn off SEO functions in the config? I'm discovering that if I turn off RSS feeds I can reduce the errors from SimplePie, so where is the off switch for this SEO bit?

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:56 am Reply with quote

In rnconfig.php, you could change error_reporting to this:

Code:

$error_reporting = E_ALL^E_NOTICE; // This is the default and means: All errors except Notices
if (defined('E_DEPRECATED')) $error_reporting = $error_reporting^E_DEPRECATED; // If want to see these warnings when running PHP5.3, comment out this IF statement

and it will remove the warnings.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote

I've tried that and it doesn't remove the SimplePie and SE0 errors from the error log automatically created in the public_html dir. It's a busy site and every two minutes this error_log is filling up this root dir with 900 lines of simplepie.inc and nukeSE0functions.php depreciation errors.

I've set whm to not create log files more than 200KB, but that must be some other log file. ;| Andy more ideas? Thanks.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 12:43 pm Reply with quote

Apparently I can get rid of a lot of ampersands in simplepie.inc and will hope that helps. I'll let you know.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:04 pm Reply with quote

That worked! Wink Just change all instances of =$ new to = new in simplepie.inc.
But I've still got a ton of SEO errors.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:59 pm Reply with quote

Try this:

Code:

$string = str_replace('[','(', $string);
    $string = str_replace(']',')', $string);
    return $string;
  }
}

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 3:46 pm Reply with quote

That works. Smile Thanks.

I've still got errors in a ton of stuff but picking them off one by one and learning that "/ ... /" is better than "...".

The last error_log file had only 44 lines of errors over 11 minutes, not thousands. Smile

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Hi CodyG

This should help you as well
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Someone write a Perl script that finds and updates the following deprecated regular expression functions in PHP 5.3

Type this word "deprecated" in the search bar
I am very sure you will get lots of answers Wink

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:28 pm Reply with quote

There are still a few places in RN2.5.0 which uses eregi and eregi_replace. Is someone keeping track of those? Are they going to be fixed? I was able to stop the errors by adding / to double quotes, but not sure if that's the best approach.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:49 pm Reply with quote

They are fixed in 3.0.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> nukeSEO

View next topic
View previous topic