Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
jane65
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:40 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I'd like to make a small change to a function of the comments.php in the News module if possible. Currently a User can post a parent comment to which a reply can be given to. If a reply is given, it displays underneath the parent comment, and it also displays another link to reply to the reply. If possible, I'd like to make this reply link visible and available ONLY for use by the specific User that posted the initial parent comment, rather than enabling all Users to reply as it currently stands. I hope this makes sense and thank you for any help with this. Smile

This is the code that relates to the 'Reply' link that I want to alter if possible.

Code:
if ($anonpost == 1 OR is_admin($admin) OR is_user($user)) {

echo '<span style="color:' . $textcolor2 . '"> [ <a href="modules.php?name=' . $module_name . '&amp;file=comments&amp;op=Reply&amp;pid=' . $row['tid'] . '&amp;sid=' . $row['sid'] . '">' . _REPLY . '</a>';
               }
[/b]

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:09 pm Reply with quote

And what if someone else wants to reply to the response and the original author of the parent comment is no longer active? This user would then have to create a new response that is not related to the parent comment. Make it sense?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply neralex, I'm using the News module for questions and answers, so the User would ask a question (rather than make a comment) in the parent comment section, and the reply would be a specific answer to their question, so therefore I want to make it so that only that User can respond to the answer to their queston. All other Users will create their own parent comment if they also want to ask a question.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:47 am Reply with quote

The trick would be determining which user is the one you want to show the link to. The code does not distinguish one from another right now. You would have to add some kind of logic to determine the user based on the comment id.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:24 pm Reply with quote

I believe you can also have multiple parents, so you may need to look at that also.
Would it suit your purposes better if you disabled comments for News articles and instead provided a link to a forum topic?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic