Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> eCommerce
kplummer
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:33 pm Reply with quote

Looking for a module to run a community online store. There will be multiple vendors but a centralized purchase/payment. Basically I will be allowing vendors to host their products on the site and allow members to purchase from just one vendor or fill the cart from multiple ones. The payment is processed through my site and I get a buck commission per item sold off the top, then the payments are divided accordingly to each vendor and sent to them with their orders.

Any suggestions on what to use for this????

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:29 am Reply with quote

Any suggestions out there?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:59 am Reply with quote

There isn't one of I know of that has this functionality and is also in active development.
The Digital Shop from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] has this functionality and is an excellent piece of software (I used it myself for a time) but be aware that it is a commercial script that requires annual license renewals and as with all software of this type you obviously need to ensure you can actually renew the license, or your left with a dead module.

Gotcha, the author of Digital Shop said he was writing a new piece of software to replace the Digital Shop, so maybe try and contact him and see how development is progressing.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 11:52 am Reply with quote

Quote:
There isn't one of I know of that has this functionality and is also in active development.

I have to concur with Guardian on this. And, since an application like this is involving other vendors and taking people's money you need to be sure that it is secure and solid as a rock. I really don't think there is an option that works with RN.

Your options, it seems to me are:

1. Find a hosted approach. There are a number of them that you can find by Googling around. They host the software, you are a store user, and they take a cut of the action.

2. Look at another CMS such as Joomla or Wordpress. They seem to have more active development (add-on) communities and both offer a range of Ecommerce products. For many of them you would have to pay $. You'd also have to evaluate their security and feature sets.

3. There are products such as ZenCart which are more or less "stand-alone". They use the same architecture (MYSQL and PHP) as RN and have installers and documentation. Again, you'd have to evaluate security and feature sets.

Aside from your evaluation process there will also be a learning curve -- greater or less -- with each product. With the hosted approach the learning curve might be less -- you are paying them to do some of it for you. With Zencart you probably wind up buying a book and studying it and you have all the responsibility of maintaining the product over time. Not trivial and if you fail to keep up you are likely to get hacked.

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 23, 2011 5:33 pm Reply with quote

Any cart can do that,just add the vendor as manufacturer or create hidden categories named after the vendors.

semperaye
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

They have osc2nuke_v3.0

Currently trying to get it to work but its rather confusing for me

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:13 pm Reply with quote

Good look with that! OSCommerce is a beast even when it's running stand-alone.
If you really need e-commerce with all the bells and whistles, you really need to use it as a stand alone product, especially from a maintenance perspective.

semperaye

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:47 pm Reply with quote

I just need something that is simple and works this raven nuke and paypal and has some custom blocks for products.

Pritty much given up on the os2nuke i cant get that or cc cart to work, going to try this next:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Not sure how to install it though..gonna ask for help over there Razz

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:40 am Reply with quote

To tell you the truth I've been testing lots of modules and blocks from clanthemes and most of them do not work and has lots of validation errors and they are pretty old and of course they won't work with RavenNuke 2.5+.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> eCommerce

View next topic
View previous topic