Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:41 am Reply with quote

Hey guys!

I have a problem with the FeedCreator and specialchars of the news title, if i using utf-8 as charset and in my database.

utf-8 issue: backend.php
open: includes/feedcreator/feedcreator.class.php

search near line 984:

Code:
$feed.= "            <title>".FeedCreator::iTrunc(htmlspecialchars(strip_tags($this->items[$i]->title)),100)."</title>\n";

I can't add ENT_QUOTES after 100, because it doesn't work. So tried the following line and it doesn't work, too:

Code:
$feed.= "            <title>".FeedCreator::iTrunc(htmlspecialchars(htmlspecialchars_decode(strip_tags($this->items[$i]->title), ENT_QUOTES), ENT_QUOTES, _CHARSET),100)."</title>\n";

After this one i tried the following line and it works, but only with utf-8. It makes me confused, why i must use here utf8_decode, if i have an utf-8 charset and an utf-8 database and xml feeds have normaly an utf-8 charset, too. where is here the problem:

Code:
$feed.= "            <title>".FeedCreator::iTrunc(htmlspecialchars(htmlspecialchars_decode(utf8_decode($this->items[$i]->title), ENT_QUOTES), ENT_QUOTES, _CHARSET),100)."</title>\n";

Question

neralex

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote

This is my last problem for my news mod and i have no idea to fix it. Here i need a answer from the module author. Giv it no other way to fix the specialchar problem in the feeds. I think the problem is inside all other feeds, too.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:55 am Reply with quote

neralex, can you help us understand better what the issue is that you are running into? You only mention the cause, but not really the issue.

Thanks.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:25 am Reply with quote

Yes of course!

I have stored the news title with the specialchars "äüö&ß" in my utf-8 database with this line:

Code:
$subject = $db->sql_escape_string(htmlspecialchars_decode(check_html($subject, 'nohtml'),ENT_QUOTES));

In the databe is all fine and it shows "äüö&ß" without html code.

If i look now in the xml feed of the backend.php, then i get this result:

Code:
äüö&ß

I have tested with the ISO charset and a utf-8 database and there are no problems. Only the combination with utf-8 as charset and an utf-8 database result this issue. In the Feeds module with the html-view of the feed is all fine. Here works the filtering.

With the following fitlering is all fine but it doesn't works with a ISO charset:

Code:
$feed.= "            <title>".FeedCreator::iTrunc(htmlspecialchars(htmlspecialchars_decode(utf8_decode($this->items[$i]->title), ENT_QUOTES), ENT_QUOTES, _CHARSET),100)."</title>\n";

The xml file have a utf-8 charset and normaly i don't need the utf8_decode to show the specialchars, if i use an utf-8 charset and a utf-8 database. I get this problem only in backend.php. Is it possible here works an ISO filtering on a other place?

Quote:
utf8_decode — Converts a string with ISO-8859-1 characters encoded with UTF-8 to single-byte ISO-8859-1

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:03 am Reply with quote

Couple of questions to help me better understand this..
Assuming your website is using utf-8 and your database is also utf-8 (not utf-8_bin) what field type is the data being stored in?
I ask because I have had instances when converting existing tables from latin1 to utf-8 the feild type has changed to binary Blob.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote

the RN have charset utf-8 and the whole nuke database was created with utf8_general_ci. The database was not converted, its a fresh install with utf8_general_ci in all fields. I use the the utf-8 versions of db.php and mysqli.php from Palbin.

Palbin wrote:
Try these two files:
db.php - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
mysqli.php - [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic