Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 3:10 pm Reply with quote

From your other post we have found the root of your problem, possibly. I was unaware that you converted from a stand alone phpbb database. If you have a user with a very large user_id, that is the problem. Follow the instructions in that other post and all should work.

Dacubz
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 6:43 pm Reply with quote

I have the exact same problem with the high id user. My site was converted also. What other post are you referring to? I really need help on this badly.... your site rocks BTW! Very Happy

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Do a search for auto_increment. But, start with this one.

Dacubz

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:12 pm Reply with quote

I found it here:

http://www.ravenphpscripts.com/postxf280-0-0.html

Thanks for the huge help!

Every issue that I've had so far has been answered here.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Apr 27, 2004 8:48 pm Reply with quote

I am so sorry! I forgot to paste the link in my previous message Embarassed

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

This is Chandra. Thanks for the fast reply on my first question about non working email. I've been reading through this thread, but to be honest I am getting too far from the original installation and I have a bad premonition that I am close to screwing the whole thing up and completely disabling my site.

I'll refresh your memory - and add a bit of info:

----------

I have just upgraded to the nuke 7.3 script. My mail no longer
works and the subscription process is dead. No authorization or notification emails are sent, but there is no error notification.

So subscribers expect the validation mail but don't get it. And I only know that there are users waiting if I look in the pending users data file.
>
> I installed the Approve Membership module, thinking that would solve
the problem since it uses stdemail, but it does not.
>
> To further compound the problem, my computer that I had when I installed the previous version of nuke crashed so I cannot go back and reinstall the version with the operational mail.
>
> I know the mail worked back at version 6.5 and I think to version 7.1
>
> My first subscribers have no problems, they can access the site, but I have more than twenty in the pending users file now that I did not know about because I can't receive notification mails. Nor does the Feedback mail get delivered, or the Private Message feature.

There are no error messages, so I think the program works, but I have a problem somewhere in my mail settings.

The new version of nuke does not have that place in Preferences where you set the SMTP - so I don't know where to look to try to work out the problem.

My WebMail folder is still in the file menu and intact. I am truly tempted to copy the mainfile and config files from one of my other nuke sites - but I am sure to screw up the whole thing then...

Help Raven - or anyone who has some insight on this kind of problem

Thanks in advance

Chandra Bang Head

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:05 pm Reply with quote

Webmail is no longer in nuke 7.3 so that flat out won't work. Have you ensured that the siteurl and domainname are set up correctly in your Nuke Preferences and Forum Configuration?

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:18 pm Reply with quote

I changed the site url to:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

as you suggested. Just tried to send myself a feedback and it did not come.

And we can just concentrate on the email situation. I did not have the forum up with users yet anyway Smile

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:19 pm Reply with quote

P.S. You are so fast!

That is really great. Since the weekend is coming and you know that is prime time!

Wink Chandra

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:20 pm Reply with quote

The site url must point to where the nuke mainfile.php is located without the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] So, assuming yours is in your ROOT web folder, your siteurl needs to read womens-business-success-strategies.com

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately that did not work. More ideas? Confused

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:40 pm Reply with quote

See this post and try the little test script and post back [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 4:49 pm Reply with quote

Checked the temporary file. There are about 600 messages with this error notice.

-----------------
From address not in member domain. Message not sent.
-----------------

Changed the email address to one inside of the same domain, also changed my notification email. Still no luck.

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:11 pm Reply with quote

Ok, just tried. I did receive the email almost instantly. But I still don't receive site mail.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:25 pm Reply with quote

That is a sendmail issue. Have you modified the admin email in nuke preferences to a valid email address?

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:54 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I changed all instances of mail to the domain address. Sorry, thought I sent this already.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 5:59 pm Reply with quote

You may have but I am 54, senile, and multi-task a lot Laughing

That error is a SendMail response. Have there been any changes with your Send Mail setup?

Chandra

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:19 pm Reply with quote

Well, 54 is only middle age! You still have a good 40 - 50 years to go Wink

And now you are going over my head. How do I access sendmail?

Would you mind taking a look inside my setup? I'll create an access for you.

Chandra

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Raven,

I solved the problem the old fashioned way. I saved a backup of my database and my folders on my hard drive, and I found an old copy of ver. 6.5 in my account files.

The problem was, I never created the individual mail account for myself. I only set the parameters on the admin configuration form. And since the new version 7.3 does not have access to these forms, it was impossible to repair, without knowing exactly where all of the mail sending information was kept. I remembered to set the web URL information as you suggested and now it all works fine.

My Forum also works fine now. And my FAQ -

So, I get mail now, and I intend to install your Resend Verification module - so I can now notify those pending subscribers.

I see you have distros that already have several of the upgrades I need to re-install in them. Does your version 7.3 distro wipe out the WebMail function? If it does take out the Webmail, what about your 7.0 version?

Thanks for all your help

Chandra

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2004 7:06 pm Reply with quote

7.0 has webmail and 7.3 does not. Some have had success at just copying the 7.0 webmail to 7.3 and installing the sql accordingly Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic