Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Author Message
j4rdin
Worker
Worker



Joined: May 26, 2006
Posts: 153

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 4:40 pm Reply with quote

I have just upgraded one of my websites [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] from RN2.40.01 to RN2.50.00
I now have the following problems:

The Old Articles block (Right position) is now messing up the formatting, all is ok if I deactivate the block.

The Advertising block (Center down position) all banners now show on left hand side of block and not in center.

And the Theme manager won't show a preview of the site.

Any pointers would be welcome.
 
View user's profile Send private message
mike63740
Worker
Worker



Joined: Jun 21, 2010
Posts: 101

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I like your site. It looks well organized.

Check out your Shout Box. It has caused an error on your page.

Message: Object expected
Line: 3
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
 
View user's profile Send private message
spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team



Joined: Dec 02, 2006
Posts: 1693
Location: Texas, USA

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 7:43 pm Reply with quote

The Old Articles block: Without seeing what is happening it's hard to say, but this link may help. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
the styling for side/center block lists is a little complex atm, due to still supporting ie7

The Advertising block: You'll need to edit the advertising block to center the ad. Something like so should work:
$content .= '<div class="centered">'.ads(1).'</div>';
If that doesn't work try changing the class to "centered text-center"

As for the theme preview, not sure.... does it attempt to load within a colorbox, or what exactly happens?
 
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
j4rdin







PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:23 am Reply with quote

mike63740 wrote:

Check out your Shout Box. It has caused an error on your page.

Message: Object expected
Line: 3
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]



start_ticking();

This was a modification to allow other blocks to work correctly, not sure if it is still needed in RN2.50.00 I have noticed that Shoutbox is no longer part of the RN2.50.00 download but can't find any reason why, is it still supported or has it been replaced by a core RavenNuke function?
 
j4rdin







PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:47 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
The Old Articles block: Without seeing what is happening it's hard to say, but this link may help. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
the styling for side/center block lists is a little complex atm, due to still supporting ie7


Having a lot of problems tracking this down (see last comment below) as it seems to be ok when I view it via [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but not as [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] also the icons in the site info block don't show up.


spasticdonkey wrote:
The Advertising block: You'll need to edit the advertising block to center the ad. Something like so should work:
$content .= '<div class="centered">'.ads(1).'</div>';
If that doesn't work try changing the class to "centered text-center"


Have tried above, but it doesn't seem to work (see below) just messed up the site even in Chrome (Use Firefox normally), I assume it is being overridden later.

spasticdonkey wrote:
As for the theme preview, not sure.... does it attempt to load within a colorbox, or what exactly happens?


Looks like it works ok in Chrome but no popup in Firefox - probably getting blocked in the settings. Odd thing is that when I preview RavenIce in Chrome as Admin the site looks correct, including the Old Articles block formatting and centering of banner in the advertising block, but not when I see the site after logging out.
 
neralex
Site Admin



Joined: Aug 22, 2007
Posts: 1513

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote

j4rdin, i have take look on your page and on both links are the advertising blocks centered. The icons in the site info blocks are displayed, too. I can't see a problem. Do you have try it, to clear your browser cache? Its possible you have an old version of the ravennuke.css in your cache.
 
View user's profile Send private message
j4rdin







PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:15 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
j4rdin, i have take look on your page and on both links are the advertising blocks centered. The icons in the site info blocks are displayed, too. I can't see a problem. Do you have try it, to clear your browser cache? Its possible you have an old version of the ravennuke.css in your cache.


Thanks neralex that was the root cause of all the problems, have now been through all the url's for the main website home page (after clearing the cache each time) on Chrome (19.0.1084.52m), IE9 and Firefox 12, all problems resolved. Very Happy
 
neralex







PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote

cool Smile
 
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©