Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:19 am Reply with quote

Amazing! I hope to test it asap.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 11:31 pm Reply with quote

Just an update as it's been a couple weeks Rolling Eyes

Had some things come up in the "real world" that interrupted things for awhile, but have made good progress of-late and hope to have a pretty solid beta out this coming weekend.

Just about done with the 5-page install guide / docs which was more work than the mod.. Don't worry, installation won't be that hard, but there is a fair amount of info provided for those who need it.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2012 2:23 pm Reply with quote

haha, did I say last weekend? Final round of testing, as some advance copies have been sent to a handful of people... Barring any last-minute problems discovered, it should be available no later than Monday, but maybe before if all the stars align correctly Smile

If you want a brief look under the hood in the meantime, like the mod on Facebook Smile [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 6:52 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Smile

AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 3:31 pm Reply with quote

UM.

Not upto date on browsers/ iframes/ etc. (Iframes "worries" me for some reason??)

Anyway, not related, but maybe....

Have you ever seen kuena forums for joomla? On a 1.5 version site I helped start a year or so back, the implmentation for youtube video's, ebay "widgets" etc. appeared very "slick"- not sure if it's worth taking a look for "inspiration"...

If you need a dev site setting up to see, let me know- I should be able to do it in an hour or so this weekend....

Good work so far- if you need it testing on a XAMPP install that's populated with a few 1,000 users, let me know- I'll try to give it a bit of a hammering.

Thanks for helping the community with this, much appreciated Wink

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 4:07 pm Reply with quote

Iframe can be potentially dangerous depending on what you allow to be loaded within them.. The cases where iframe is used within the mod are very specific and will only load certain url's from youtube and internet archive. I wouldn't worry too much about it. You could certainly embed via the old youtube method, but using an iframe allows youtube to deliver different formats depending on the capabilities of the viewing device (mobile,html5, or flash)

Not familiar with Kuena but took a brief look and looks decent. Has few features not offered in the mod, although the mod does several things Kuena does not.... While I'm open to ideas for a future version, I can't devote any more time to it atm, as I've had to move on to other projects. The mod is now available to the public over at tricked out news, btw....

thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote

I tried to install it, but I can't get it to show the video. It acts like is saving, but when I hit preview button it shows me to of my post, but no video.

Mine didn't have these to edit:
<span class="postbody">{MESSAGE}</span>
<span class="postbody">{postrow.MESSAGE}{postrow.SIGNATURE}</span>
And this file isn't in my theme>styles folder.

I don't know if that would cause this, but those were the only two things I couldn't change that were "span"

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Is it only the preview that is broken? Which edit did you have issues with, it's too hard to tell from provided code...? Which file was missing from the theme style folder? When you say no video does it show the broken bbcode or just a blank space?

It looks like you are using a theme with alot of customizations so the edits may be a little different for you.... post back and we'll get it figured out Wink

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:09 pm Reply with quote

I am using a theme I bought from Clan Themes - the MW3 version. Spasticdonkey - you have an account on my website (h3llclan.com). If you want to look at it, you can see what it is doing.
If you like, I can send you a zip file of the Form files that it has. I tried editing them, uploading the bbcode_box.css file to the styles folder on the theme. I have to be doing something wrong.

Just let me know if you want me to send the theme forum zip to you.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:45 pm Reply with quote

I thought I had an account, but it took me a moment to remember as I'd visited the www version of your site before. I would guess it's an issue with your bbcode.tpl. Unless you had prior bbcode customizations you should be able to upload any on the copies of bbcode.tpl from the mod (RN v2.50 Pre-edited files) to your theme (they are all the same)

Try uploading a copy to themes/MW3/forums/bbcode.tpl as I bet you missed that step Smile

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:54 am Reply with quote

That is what it was. I wonder do all the forum files under the themes the same, or just that one?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:17 am Reply with quote

bbcode.tpl is the only pre-edited tpl file which is the same for all themes, to my knowledge. The edits to most of the tpl files (with the exception of a couple) are relatively minor, so not sure I would recommend using tpl files intended for another theme.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 11:40 am Reply with quote

Thank you for your help, I really appreciate it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic