Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
mgc_darkness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:53 pm Reply with quote

Did a fresh install of 2.5 and having some issues.

When a new user registers on the site, sends them an email with an activation link, when this link is clicked takes user to a page saying that this user does not exist, I am assuming it says this because the users account is activated automatically after registering. This occurs weather account activation is set to none user or admin. Same results neither option changes anything.

Other issue is when deleting a new user from the forums admin ( I transferred previous users to new database) an error occurs saying unable to delete user from usergroup, even though user is not assigned to an usergroup, but the user is still deleted. Is there some type of default usergoup that new users should be greeting assigned to but are not for some reason. I did have to run the fixgroups script when I transferred the previous users over to be able to assign them to a group or moderator status.

Site is mgcclan.com

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote

I was able to register/login but did receive the message you referred to. Not sure what is causing it though. How did you go about importing users into the db?

mgc_darkness

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:27 pm Reply with quote

The error I have been able to reproduce, only happens once user clicks on the activation link sent in the email. But like I said it auto activates with having to be activated. It says "No user matching the given criteria was found".

Would not be an issue if it didn't send the email or say check your email for the activation link.

I just dropped the new nuke_user from new database and imported the old nuke_user from old database.

Here is the error when deleting a new user...

Could not delete group for this user

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near '' at line 2

DELETE FROM nuke_bbgroups WHERE group_id =

Line : 140 File : admin_users.php

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:20 pm Reply with quote

I think the recommended way to handle removing users is to deactivate their accounts in the ACP Edit Users... If you want to use the forums user management, edit modules/Forums/admin/admin_users.php.

Find around line 135 to 148:
Code:

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . GROUPS_TABLE . "
            WHERE group_id = " . $row['group_id'];
         if( !$db->sql_query($sql) )
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not delete group for this user', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
         }

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . AUTH_ACCESS_TABLE . "
         {
            message_die(GENERAL_ERROR, 'Could not delete group for this user', '', __LINE__, __FILE__, $sql);
         }

and change to:

Code:

if (isset($row['group_id'])) {
         $sql = "DELETE FROM " . GROUPS_TABLE . "
         {
         }

$sql = "DELETE FROM " . AUTH_ACCESS_TABLE . "
         {
         }
                       }

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:17 pm Reply with quote

The admin_user.php code change did work, thanks.

Also I managed to get the registration semi-fixed as it now no longer sends an activation link in the email. But does send an activation link if set to admin approval, and in turn have the same "No user matching the given criteria was found" if admin sends approval email and the new user clicks on it.

Are the options in the Forum Admin for Enable Account Activation supposed to do anything? Kind of conflicting with the Edit User Configuration?

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:26 pm Reply with quote

No, do not enable account activation in the forums. The RavenNuke ACP Edit Users is the ONLY place you should use to manage users.

mgc_darkness

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:51 pm Reply with quote

OK how do I fix it so users cannot activate their account until they click the activation link in the email.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:02 pm Reply with quote

By default, that is how RavenNuke operates. I have no idea what changes you have made or what settings you have changed. A default install of RavenNuke will require the user to click the link to activate the account. That is assuming your server allows the php mail() function. If it does not, you can configure the TegoNuke Mailer to handle emails.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:09 pm Reply with quote

When you say you transferred the users over from an existing site, what version was that site using?
I would compare the user table from that site to the default table in RN and make sure they match up.

Turning on error reporting may give you an idea as to where the problem is coming from.

mgc_darkness

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:51 am Reply with quote

Managed to fix it, reloaded the Your_Account module, account would now not activate until user clicked on activation link in email... like its supposed to, but after that would still say no user exist... so I just changed the message to say account activated.

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:44 am Reply with quote

Did you try to use error reporting to see if anything weird was happening?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic