Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
transit
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:22 am Reply with quote

So... My site has been working properly for the last year and I have not made any changes to the hard code or any of the SQL tables. Short of being hacked or PHP/HTML version updates on the server side I don't see why I am having problems?

When I try to open up FCK Editor file server from either inside or any of my modules that support it or from my external link I use it is coming up with this error in a pop-up:

Code:
The server didn't reply with a proper XML data. Please check your configuration.

FCK editor file server loads properly but it is just a blank directory where I normally have hundreds of files. Before I go back and start replacing with old files I wanted to know if there was any past experience with this? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:00 am Reply with quote

Do your uploads folder or subfolders have any index.html or index.htm files? If so, remove them.

transit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:45 pm Reply with quote

My main upload folder had a blank index.htm in it but I deleted it. But I think that was just to stop people from viewing the folders within. It is still not working however. any files I should post the code for?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:10 pm Reply with quote

If you didn't make any changes, it's possible your host did. It might help to review your site's error logs for messages.

transit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 1:39 pm Reply with quote

Do you think it was changes to my files? Or to versions of PHP/HTML/APACHE that would cause FCK editor never to work again? I doubt I will be able to track down host changes but I can always revert to old file backups.

What files are relative to FCK editor other than the folder /includes/fckeditor/ ?

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:02 pm Reply with quote

I've been having the same issue on my website. What I have been doing is using the Upload tap to upload images instead of the Browse Server link in the Image Info tab.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Must be an update to a HTML/PHP version. Thats garbage... Whats this upload tap your using? The nice thing about the File Server is I had made an external link via the connector.php so I could easily link it for my admins when they logged in. Can I do the same with the tap?

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:54 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I meant tab. When you open the image window, you have 4 tabs at the top. Image Info - Link - Upload - Advanced if you click on the Upload tab, you can browse you computer and upload an image.

I should also say that my issue is server related, I just have not worried about it enough to try and track it down.

transit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:26 pm Reply with quote

I will try reloading old files, otherwise I guess I will have to do it this way... Just a pain in the butt really, especially for clients who have no idea what the hell they are doing lol!

If anyone else has leads on this that would be great! I havent touched the site files in over 6 months so I know it is nothing I have done... No one has access to cpanel or my ftp either...

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:13 pm Reply with quote

I would check the cPanel error log and speak with your host about changes.

transit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 2:37 pm Reply with quote

Nothing in the cpanel, I dont seem to have an error_log file anymore... how do I turn it on or create one?....?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2012 3:16 pm Reply with quote

There should be an option to view the log in cpanel.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
transit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:18 pm Reply with quote

There is, nothing in it however. Maybe I am error free? lol

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Have you checked the permissions on the upload folders?

transit

PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Yep spastic, very first thing I checked. Do any of the fckeditor files in the includes folder have to be special permissions etc?

transit

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote

Bump. Also are the FCK editor core files only located in the /includes/ directory?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic