Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes
rebelt
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:56 am Reply with quote

Every upgrade, I want to use Ravenice as the theme but can never get it to function properly. More lack of skill and time than anything else.

As RN is getting better and better RavensScripts , this upgrade I thought I'd have another attempt Razz

Made a clone of the live site and upgraded that.

The site is here

These issues don't exist in fisubice.

Issues (ATM).

1. Home page has larger text in the blocks. This is only in firefox and only the home page. Any ideas why?

2. In the forms menu, apart from the top link, the forms content extend behind the right blocks. How can this be changed?

RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:42 am Reply with quote

1. The only larger text I saw was in the center block, is that what you are referring to?

2. Your logo is too tall for the container, and is hanging on the menu and pushing it to the right. You either need to increase the height of the header, or decrease the height of the logo. If you increase the height of the header the gradient background will probably not look right, so I would recommend a narrower logo

rebelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:05 pm Reply with quote

No, that wasn't it. Changed the logo now Very Happy .

This is what I'm getting Firefox on left, IE on right.
ImageImage

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:19 pm Reply with quote

hmmm, I'm not seeing that behavior in firefox. You probably need some sort of style debugging tool to see what is going on. There is a default one in chrome that is pretty good, just right click on any element and it will show you the associated styling. There is also firebug for firefox which does about the same.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:25 pm Reply with quote

I'm using firefox 9.0.1 and it looks like the one on the right. Under your FF preferences/content font & colors advanced tab, does it have allow the page to choose their own fonts checked?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 3:30 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
allow the page to choose their own fonts checked?

That was it. I never thought it was the browser because it didn't happen on another site, without some added files. Thought it may have been a style thing.

Thanks Guys.

This is my other problem

The page extends behind the right blocks.

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:07 pm Reply with quote

Your form in the center has the opening and closing body tags and html tags that are probably causing it to expand beyond the div. Try removing them from the form and see if that fixes it.

rebelt

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:13 pm Reply with quote

Done, no change

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 8:17 pm Reply with quote

I posted the source code for you form on my test site in a message on the home page and it shows correctly. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
What did you put for the title of the message?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:13 pm Reply with quote

Here's my take on the potential cause... do you have something like this in your module?
if (!defined('INDEX_FILE')) define('INDEX_FILE', true); // Set to FALSE to hide right blocks
If so, make sure it is ABOVE
include_once('header.php');

It looks like it may be below, or being defined elsewhere. The themeheader function of RavenIce should only use the #middle_alt div if right blocks are NOT shown. By the time it gets to themefooter something has changed and it displays the blocks anyway..

rebelt

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:34 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Here's my take on the potential cause... do you have something like this in your module?
if (!defined('INDEX_FILE')) define('INDEX_FILE', true); // Set to FALSE to hide right blocks
If so, make sure it is ABOVE
include_once('header.php');

It looks like it may be below.

That was it. You're a star thank you. Wave

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Themes

View next topic
View previous topic