Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
southern
Client

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:43 am Reply with quote

The FCKEditor WYSIWYG on my site is blank after upgrading to RavenNuke 2.5. What are the directories and files I need to check for 0 byte files? What is the version of FCKEditor used in RN 2.5? Thanks, kguske Smile

Last edited by southern on Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:14 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:23 pm Reply with quote

Nothing has changed with FCKEditor that I can see, you might just want to re-upload the includes/fckeditor directory in case the previous file transfer failed and corrupted a file.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Thanks, Guardian. I've had issues with 0 byte files scattered all over after uploading RN 2.5. I'll look at the includes/fckeditor directory. Are there any other dependent files I should check? In both admin News and user Submit News the FCKEditor is blank.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:11 pm Reply with quote

That did it. I had a 0 byte fckeditorcode_gecko.js. Sad Fixed that. Smile

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:31 pm Reply with quote

What ftp client are you using? I'd look at changing if I were you.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:02 pm Reply with quote

I currently use FileZilla 3.5.3. I've used FZ for a while and its a good FTP client. I have thought of changing it as it has gotten a little buggy, but I'm not sure if that is from FZ itself or from problems I've had on this computer, corrupted Windows files that are annoying but not critical or from the Internet connection I have. I plan to upgrade this box in the near future with Windows 7 Ultimate on one partition and Linux on another, and I'm getting a WiFi connection, so I'll wait to find another FTP client if necessary. Actually I had this same problem with FCKEditor on my other site, a 0 byte file that made it blank, so Guardian's advice fixed two birds. Smile

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:08 pm Reply with quote

I would recommend Web CEO.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:12 am Reply with quote

I'll look into Web CEO, bobbyg. Thanks Smile

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:14 am Reply with quote

I would also recommend FLashFXP 4. I always use it and I never got any issue.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:18 am Reply with quote

Never had a problem with FileZilla after using it for years. It sounds more like either your wi-fi is dropping out or some other issue with the transfer process.
Make sure you have the FTP transfer set to 'passive mode' - some servers don't like multiple concurrent FTP connections and have a tendency to drop transfers without any error notices.

Regarding Win 7 - unless you have some specific software that will only run on Windows, just install Linux Mint - it just works right out of the box Smile

southern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:49 pm Reply with quote

unicornio wrote:
I would also recommend FLashFXP 4. I always use it and I never got any issue.

I'll look into FLashFXP 4. Thanks.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:00 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Never had a problem with FileZilla after using it for years. It sounds more like either your wi-fi is dropping out or some other issue with the transfer process.
Make sure you have the FTP transfer set to 'passive mode' - some servers don't like multiple concurrent FTP connections and have a tendency to drop transfers without any error notices.

Regarding Win 7 - unless you have some specific software that will only run on Windows, just install Linux Mint - it just works right out of the box Smile

That's a thought. I had FZ set to passive and never had problems until I decided to try active. I'll set it back to passive mode. Thanks.

As for some other issue with the transfer process, like my girlfriend sitting down at the computer and logging me off while u/ling files lol Not that I'm blaming her as I should still verify files. That is why I'll put on Windows 7, for her, and Linus, for me, although there are things in Win 7 I want to use like PowerShell and the XP mode for remote access.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic