Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
Gambit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:05 pm Reply with quote

I'm running PHP-Nuke 7.3 and Sentinel 1.2.0.

Everything seems to be working fine except the following...

Forum Admin

When I click on Forum in the Admin Console I get the following on my screen...

Warning: main(): Unable to access includes/sentinel.php in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php on line 2

Warning: main(includes/sentinel.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php on line 2

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'includes/sentinel.php' for inclusion (include_path='') in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php on line 2

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php:2) in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/includes/sessions.php on line 250

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php:2) in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/includes/sessions.php on line 251

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php:2) in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/modules/Forums/admin/index.php on line 620

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/mainfile.php:2) in /home/bwe/public_html/Stampede/modules/Forums/admin/index.php on line 621

I have tried to find a solution in the Discussion Forums about this but so far it is a needle in a hay stack...

Gambit

Gambit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 2:16 pm Reply with quote

Almost as this was posting I found a solution and it works...
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I added "PHP_FLAG output_buffering On" to a file .htaccess and upload to the same place mainfile.php is located.

This fixed it...

Thanks again....

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 6:20 pm Reply with quote

Smack Very good my little weed-hopper Laughing

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/xyz/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 46

This one is weird. I've checked his solution twice and everything is where it should be.

This is using the universal Sentinel 2.1.3 downloaded today from here.

Note: The 2.1.2 issue doesn't seem resolved in this version yet.

Also weird is that in the Sentinel isn't allowing the click of any of these options:
Admin Auth List
Scan for New Admins
Database Maintenance

I have no idea what is going on.

I have successfully added the
PHP_FLAG output_buffering On to the .htaccess and its working.

Everything in this setup is running out of public_html so I have no idea where things are going south.

Ideas?

7.5 Patched 2.8. Error occurs when going to Forum admin screen.

This POS has Autothemes, but I have them turned off for forums.

Thanks
Steph

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Also weird is that in the Sentinel isn't allowing the click of any of these options:
Admin Auth List
Scan for New Admins
Database Maintenance
NukeSentinel returned to the you must be a God admin to access those areas.

Line 46 is the line that pulls config.php into it's self.

zuz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 6:04 pm Reply with quote

I have the same problem, that happens when i try to access the forum admin page from the administration page.

I have nuke 7.5 patched, just got the sentinel 1.2.3(upgraded) and thats what i get:

Code:
Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/iccc/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 46

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/iccc/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 46

Im the God Admin of the site and everything else seems to be working fine so far

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Then we will have to look at the phpBB sections to see why it's not setting the $forum_admin variable to 1.

zuz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:25 pm Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
Then we will have to look at the phpBB sections to see why it's not setting the $forum_admin variable to 1.
thanks, by the way, this was a fresh install with php nuke 7.5, then added the patch, then added sentinel 1.2.2 then upgraded to 1.2.3 the same thing happened with 1.2.2 i believe.

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 8:29 pm Reply with quote

Just for curiosity, have you moved your config.php from nuke root?

zuz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 9:35 pm Reply with quote

nope, i havent moved any file around yet, only thing i did besides what i said there was add a different version of the user info block a few minutes ago, but this problem been going since last night so that had nothing to do with it.

btw thanks for trying to help!

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:04 pm Reply with quote

I just noticed this myself today maybe its this $forum_admin should be like techgfx recomended if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) { or if (!defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) { which ever the case may be.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2005 10:42 pm Reply with quote

I dunno it wouldn't work for me this morning but tonight after I applied the fixes regarding the $forum_admin variable it seems to work fine to scan for new admins at least. No idea why this would have anything at all to do with that or if it was just a quirk this AM when I was promoting a user to admin. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

BobMarion

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:42 am Reply with quote

If you have chat's lastest fixes then the NukeSentinel(tm) includes code should be changed to:
Code:
if (defined('FORUM_ADMIN')) {

include_once("../../../includes/sentinel.php");
} elseif ($inside_mod == 1) {
    include_once("../../includes/sentinel.php");
} else {
    include_once("includes/sentinel.php");
}

abbahost

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2005 12:16 pm Reply with quote

Hello guys.

I am still having problem with the sentinel.

When in admin panel I try to go to forum admin option I get the following error:

Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/eawow/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 46

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/eawow/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 46

All the files are the directories its looking at but it still doesnt work.

Any ideas?

I have seen some fixing ideas that you have posted here but I am not sure where to put that code in.

Appretiet any help.

Many thanks in advance.

Abb

AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 7:37 am Reply with quote

If you have Chatserve's fixes implemented, do we need to implement the procedure listed in the techGFX link, THEN implement the change to Sentinel listed above?

Am not quite sure which to do- thanks for the help.

Regards,

Andy

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2005 9:17 am Reply with quote

The Santy Worm is a separate issue. Plus, Chat's fixes are only through 12/7/2004.

AndyB

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 2:08 am Reply with quote

OK,

maybe I'm being dumb here; I thought the latest set of fixes from Chat covered the issue with phpbb and upgraded it?

This is now the 4th time I've had to alter something on the site- usually due to Sentinel and incompatibility isseus- within a week. My apologies if I'm having a grips, I know I couldn't be without Sentinel; but at the same time I now need to patch again to get something to work. I'm told by one of the admin that IPTracking doesn't work again (I'll probably need to ammend eiter my header or footer- can't remember which) as well as the admin issue....
Quote:
(from [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
The newest version of PHP-Nuke Patched has been released, basic changes from the previous version are described here, plus BBtoNuke 2.0.11 has been added to them.

Can somebody please advise EXACTLY what I need to do to enable the admins to be able to get into forum admin? Do I need to do the TechGFX then the other stuff listed above? (Even though my bbtonuke port says 2.0.6, the link above (and a post elsewhere from chatserve) suggests that it is patched....?

Many thanks.

Andy

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Nuke Patched 2.8 does have Tech's fix as does 2.9 which is now available for Nuke 7.4 through 7.6

AndyB

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 1:06 am Reply with quote

any idea's as to my little problem then Chat?
Can't access forum admin>
Warning: main(config.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/audioc/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 37

Fatal error: main(): Failed opening required 'config.php' (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/audioc/public_html/includes/sentinel.php on line 37
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Am at a bit of a loss here; not sure if I've missed something obvious/ done something stupid (hey, I AM a user! Wink )

Cheers for any input.

Andy

chatserv

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 9:02 am Reply with quote

In includes/sentinel.php find:
Code:
// Load required scripts

if ($forum_admin == 1) {
  require_once("../../../config.php");
  require_once("../../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../../";
  require_once("../../config.php");
  require_once("../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../";
} else {
  require_once("config.php");
  require_once("db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "";
}

Change to:
Code:
// Load required scripts

require_once("../../../config.php");
  require_once("../../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../../";
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
  require_once("../../config.php");
  require_once("../../db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "../../";
} else {
  require_once("config.php");
  require_once("db/db.php");
  $lang_dir = "";
}

and on mainfile.php find:
Code:
   if ($forum_admin == 1) {

include_once("../../../includes/sentinel.php");
       include_once("../../includes/sentinel.php");
   } else {
       include_once("includes/sentinel.php");
   }

Change to:
Code:

include("../../../includes/sentinel.php");
} elseif (defined('INSIDE_MOD')) {
   include("../../includes/sentinel.php");
} else {
   include("includes/sentinel.php");
}

AndyB

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 3:39 pm Reply with quote

As always, I am in awe at your knowledge...... many many thanks> worked a treat.

2McAbre

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:26 pm Reply with quote

I just thought to mention that the above excellent advice from chatserv will work if you get blank white screens too.

My drama was that I did the Nuke patched 2.9 for ver7.6, then installed NukeSentinel 2.1.3 (no problems with any of it). But I got blank white screens under admin for…

Forums (fixed it)

And Edit Admins. (didnt fix it, but will keep looking to see what I may have done wrong)

(And I read the directions honest! (Jon ducks from object's that may be thrown at him…)

I'm glad I found this site! I am extremely green to PHP and while I don't want to have to learn all of it, I still would like to be able to figure some stuff out.

So far Raven's is the best place to go for help! Honest!

I've found two fixes here EASY (and I DID look at other sites) and am going to link you at my place!

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 4:37 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts

Please link and pass the word around. Chatserv, Bob Marion, Six, and many many others, offer support here as well as their own individual sites. We don't claim to be 'cops' or "the only official" this or that. We are a community supporting YOU! And, there are no egos to be pumped up between us. We support each other and respect each other, and all who partcipate here in/with the same spirit Wink

chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Amen.

Robb
Client

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 5:29 am Reply with quote

Hi,

I made the above changes to my mainfile.php and includes/sentinel.php files. But now I get the below error when trying to access Forum Admin. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Warning: main(db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/draker/public_html/friends/db/db.php on line 53

Warning: main(db/mysql.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/draker/public_html/friends/db/db.php on line 53

Warning: main(): Failed opening 'db/mysql.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/draker/public_html/friends/db/db.php on line 53

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: sql_db in /home/draker/public_html/friends/db/db.php on line 86

Thanks,
Robb

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic