Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2011 3:59 pm Reply with quote

I have tried just about everything I can to get this nuke quiz 3.1.0 to work. When I install it, I get a failed on the nuke_groups_info. I changed it in the install.php file to just "_groups" thinking that was the issue. I have also tried emptying the nuke_groups and nuke_groups_info tables of the SQL, but still no go. After I install it, with the "failed" in red showing it failed to write to "nuke_groups" the browser gives me an internal server error 500 message.
I am kind of dissapointed that it didn't work right. I also saw they had a 3.2.0 version, but I could not find it (they being keep it simple). Maybe that one has all the bugs worked out of it. By the way, my database is new, and I just installed ravenuke 2.40.01 for it. I have my error message turned on, but I am getting no errors either. It does show up in the invisible section, and when I click on it, it pulls up the trophy page, but nothing administrative works.
Thank you for your time and help.

This is the code they used for the nuke_groups table:
Quote:
//Insert into groups info for rate Nukequiz
$result = $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_groups VALUES (22, 'Rating A Quiz With Nukequiz')");
if (!$result) { echo "<td>"._NQ_DATA4."".$prefix."_groups</td><td>"._NQ_FAILED."</td></tr><tr>"; }
else { echo "<td>"._NQ_DATA4."".$prefix."_groups</td><td>"._NQ_OK."</td></tr><tr>"; }

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:44 pm Reply with quote

A couple of things are wrong with that.
Firstly the nuke_groups table has 4 fields;
id, name, description, points
That SQL statement is inserting the number 22 into the id field - not good for a couple of reasons;
a - it assume that row 22 is not already in use
b - that field is an autonumber field so it is better left empty when doing an INSERT

Secondly, it is plain wrong - it looks as though it is inserting a description "Rating a Quiz with NukeQuiz" into the second field (name) which should actually be the name of the 'group'

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:56 pm Reply with quote

I tried looking for the nuke quiz 3.2.0 that Kiss was advertising, but I couldn't locate it. I was trying to create a database of questions and answers to help my fellow college students in our networking class (which I suck at). I was hoping that the 3.2.0 version would work. Is there any way to fix this? I downloaded it at clanthemes.com (nuke quiz 3.1.0), but I guess it was just designed for PHP Nuke alone. Remember, I have no idea how to read the code and know what goes where.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:07 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure what that particular section of code is trying to do or if the rest of the code relies on using 22 as the group id.
Howere, the following should work (whether it works in context of the rest of the code is anyones guess I'm afraid.
Code:

//Insert into groups info for rate Nukequiz
$result = $db->sql_query("INSERT INTO ".$prefix."_groups VALUES ('', 'Quiz', 'Rating A Quiz With Nukequiz', '0')");
if (!$result) { echo "<td>"._NQ_DATA4."".$prefix."_groups</td><td>"._NQ_FAILED."</td></tr><tr>"; }
else { echo "<td>"._NQ_DATA4."".$prefix."_groups</td><td>"._NQ_OK."</td></tr><tr>"; }

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 6:22 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, it showed me that the tables had been completed, but when I try to go to the administrative page it is still giving me the "Error 500" Internal server error and not going to the administrative part. I imagine the whole thing is setup wrong for ravenuke. Thank you for that code, because it fixed the loading problem to the SQL DB. It would be nice if there was something similar to that 3.1.0 nuke quiz that was made to work with RN.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:52 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure what features it has and I'm running out of idea's for new modules so maybe I'll just write my own version of a Quiz module.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 am Reply with quote

Now if you need ideas, I have lots of those.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:53 am Reply with quote

This is what Dreadedcorpse wrote over at clanthemes.com to my question on this:

DreAdeDcoRpSE wrote:
Okay. Looking at my site that is actually Evo, you need to have the points system installed, and I am guessing RN like Evo removed that system from there CMS.

I am not sure where you can get it from but I think Ped might have an idea since he knows RN better then me and if not then the guys over at RN would know. Once you have that installed then this should install correctly.

Basically if your saying you don't have the table nuke_groups_info then that means you don't have the points system installed and that's the issue. If RN reworked the points system into a different section, then the module would have to be rewritten to accommodate the new structure. I am sure it wouldn't be a hard task, but it would be a tedious task to do.

And Guardian2003, I wasn't trying to be smart with you at all, if you took what I said in a bad way. I was just saying, I have lots of ideas on things that I have tried that either need improvement, or would be nice if they were made ie: Battlefield 3 or MW3 stats info in a block, or a way to have facebook access int a site...stuff like that.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 2:38 pm Reply with quote

No, I didn't take your comment as a "smart alec" type comment at all Smile
I'm much too thick skinned for that and I'm not easily offended; though when I am, I make no bones about it Wink

Without a copy of the original NSN Groups module I couldn't really comment too much on the points system.

I know there was a points system that WAS part of the core a long time ago and basically awarded users points when they clicked on adverts, wrote news items and other similar types of things that encouraged users to browser and use the site.
From what I remember, I think the following was taken into consideration at the time;
1 there was a public Poll regarding the points system and 90%+ of those that participated said they didn't use it

2 a lot of the sites core functionality had never awarded points for user interaction

3 the only real use of the points system was to give access rights to modules based on the number of points a user had - pretty worthless to be honest

So it was stripped out.

I believe there is also a forum MOD for a forum points system but that's not related to this.
If I had an old copy of NSN Groups I could extra what is needed for the table but I honestly don't know how much other work would be involved - quite possibly very little.
If anyone has that, or the more up to date Nuke Quiz v 3.x I could probably take a look.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I agree, there is a points system for the forum, but I think that is all there is. If I can find anything, I will send it to you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic