Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
semperaye
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:05 am Reply with quote

Hello,

I am new to raven nuke and I have managed to install it on my website and starting experimenting with it and everything seems to be working great except for my forums. When I log into my admin panel and click forums (the link is this: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] all I get is a blank white page with the following errors on top:

Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/orgonege/public_html/mainfile.php on line 70

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/orgonege/public_html/rnconfig.php on line 268

Note: I have changed my admin to ___admin.php for security reasons and have tried replacing that in the link with no luck.

I'm sure I'm missing something that a newbie like me would, any help would be very much appreciated and I am willing to pay someone to help me get it all working correctly. I've had a REALLY hard time installing ccart pro as well...I managed to get the icon to appear in my admin but that about it lol.

Thank You!

-Derek

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:32 am Reply with quote

Make sure $display_errors = false in config.php.
Also, are you sure you are using the latest RavenNuke 2.40.01?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:54 am Reply with quote

Ok ty I will do that in config. Ya I downloaded it here the latest version.

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:01 am Reply with quote

If that doesn't fix it, try to reupload your forum directory just to make sure everything is there.

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:11 am Reply with quote

Ok my display errors are set to false... going to attempt to reupload my forum directory Razz

Coldy
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:20 am Reply with quote

This is a PHP 5.3+ problem.
All available Nuke-Versions a coded for PHP 4.+

Look also here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ereg.php

A solution to hide the errors is to include this line:
error_reporting(E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED);

or:
transcode to PHP 5.+ Smile

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:24 am Reply with quote

reuploaded/overwrited moduals/forums directory and still have nothing appearing Sad just those errors on the top of the page and the blank white background.

"Deprecated: Function ereg() is deprecated in /home/orgonege/public_html/mainfile.php on line 70

Deprecated: Function set_magic_quotes_runtime() is deprecated in /home/orgonege/public_html/rnconfig.php on line 268"

Note: I have those errors on EVERY page even my home page.

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:27 am Reply with quote

Coldy wrote:
This is a PHP 5.3+ problem.
All available Nuke-Versions a coded for PHP 4.+

Look also here: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.ereg.php

A solution to hide the errors is to include this line:

or:
transcode to PHP 5.+ Smile

Ok so where do I iclude that line of code? on the end of the =false or in a new line below it?

It would be cool to hide that error but it doesn't solve my inability to access my forums admin Sad Also how do I "transcode" to php 5+ sorry newbie here...but I really appreciate the help!

Yes, my php version is according to cpannelx: 5.3.8

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:42 am Reply with quote

I found the following on another forum:

Add the above line to the top of the PHP section in index.php (or whatever page the script uses as an entry point).

But on that forum they where not talking about Nuke, and unfortunitly since Im a newbie with php and nuke I do not understand where the "php section" is anyway so i'm going to have to just cut and paste this code in places until it works Razz

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 10:52 am Reply with quote

Wow I got rid of the error lol.

Ok so this is what you do:

At the top of the mainfile.php you paste:

You paste it directly Under where it says:
<?php

AHHHH AND IT FIXED THE FORUMS!! I love u guys Smile Thanx!

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:05 pm Reply with quote

That doesn't make any sense at all.
If error reporting is turned off in config.php it should not display any PHP errors any way.
My development server runs PHP 5.3.x and I have never had issues with this particular problem.

Line 70 (and around there) deals with sending page header data and no header data should be being sent to the browser until much later in the code flow and certainly not before mainfile.php has finished loading.

Do you have a link to your site or can you Private Message me a link if you prefer to not make your website address public.

semperaye

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2011 5:12 pm Reply with quote

pm sent Smile

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:37 am Reply with quote

Agree with Guardian last post. This is strange! I think he is not running 5.3

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:50 am Reply with quote

I did check his site for him and couldn't detect anything else sending headers. I had a sneaking suspicion it might have been one of those hosting providers that likes to diaply ads at the top of their users sites but that wasn't the case.
The theme checked out fine as well (some minor CSS fixes required but no header issues).

Strictly speaking, the error handling code really needs to be in the site root index.php since that is essentially the 'handler' for mainfile.php but we work with what we have (for now).

Coldy

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:47 pm Reply with quote

@Guardian

I've a testsite on a German Free-Hosting Provider and there are also this Errors.
The PHP-Version is 5.3.4!

Before, i had the latest RavenNuke installed on this Server.
After an PHP-Update, the wohle page was full of "eregi", "eregi", "ereg_replace" and other Errors.

My research has shown that it is due to PHP 5.3+. Rolling Eyes

My own Project was also affected.
Now i have made a PHP5 compatible Version. Smile

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Well the errors themselves are correct, even though they are not actually 'errors' (they are warnings). They show because these functions are deprecated in later PHP versions (incidentally, only around 7% of hosting providers use PHP 5.3.x).
What I am having difficulty understand is why these notices were displayed when error reporting is turned off in the config.php file.

The only conclusion I can come to at the moment is that server default settings (in the php.ini file) have already declared the type of errors to display and that they have turned on error reporting by default. RavenNuke overrides those settings but possibly a little too late in the code flow.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic