Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests
rovshan
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2011 3:02 am Reply with quote

Sorry I am not sure... is it wright place for this post ?!
In my case I use this feature for tracking users country and present statistics of visitors on several portals.
I have to update manually IP2C database by adding new IP ranges or correct changes (new IP range distribution by IANA).

Just would like to ask to help me to mod NukeSenTinel code to get possibility to use one IP2C database for several portals.

Due to fact there is many files in module, could you please tell me in which I have to modify code. I will do modification and will share it with community.

Thanks,
My NukeSentinel(tm) version 2.5.08

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:21 am Reply with quote

First, I would get your NS up-to-date. I believe the latest is 2.6.03.

Unfortunately, what you are asking to do is not a simple change. Could it be done? Sure. Anything can be done if you have the skills. But I found 51 differences references in RN to "_ip2country" and each of these would have to be reviewed carefully for impact.

You would also need to create an additional database connection to whatever database is going to hold the core base _ip2country table and have to manage that connection.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests

View next topic
View previous topic