Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
killing-hours
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:57 pm Reply with quote

Hey all-

I've finally setup my very own server in the house using ubuntu server 10.04 LTS. (I've deployed it as a LAMP server) I've ensured php, mysql & apache2 are all working. I've SFTP'd the files over and they all seem to have 644 file permission. (assuming that is correct) I've done everything I believe that needs to be done... but when I hit the ip address... this is what I get. Did I forget something somewhere??

I won't be back to the house until sometime tomorrow evening to test suggestions. Just tossing this out there so I have something to come back to. Thanks.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:13 pm Reply with quote

mysql may need to be restarted.

Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:47 pm Reply with quote

I think nuken may be right. I'd do that first.

However, regarding your 644 comment, directories should be 755 and the files in those directories should be 644. Not sure your setup, but the following is an example set of find commands that will fix this just change "public_html" to the path of the root of your web site files:

Code:

find public_html -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
find public_html -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644

killing-hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:32 am Reply with quote

@nuken... Just after I posted that and when I hit the road... it came to me that the only thing it could be was mysql. Today, I come back... read your reply... sent command (with root)

Code:
service mysql restart

and it seems to restart fine... however, same issue remains. In the apache2.conf... think i'm just going to start from scratch and try this again. Live an learn. Maybe I hosed something somewhere.

@montego... the folders are 755... the SFTP'ing when perfect... just couldn't get mysql to connect to the apache server or something.

killing-hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 7:44 pm Reply with quote

Grrrrr... totally fresh install... used "tasksel" to install LAMP... same problem.

Bang Head

Running low of ideas. Sad

Can log into phpmyadmin fine... do I need to link mysql to apache2 or something??

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:07 pm Reply with quote

In config.php set $display_errors = true; then it should dump the connection error to the screen. At least that is how I intended it lol.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
killing-hours

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2011 8:45 pm Reply with quote

Apparently I've had to much sun this weekend. Dunno what I did or how it started working... but it works....finally.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic