Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
gandlers

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys, I have recently reinstated a clan website after a reform of the clan.

I downloaded and installed RN 2.40.01 as was soon back up and running Very Happy

The 3rd party theme we bought many moons ago was loaded and I have only just realised that there is no file attatchement boxes when making a new topic in the forums.

If i switch from the BF2 theme (from uberthemes) to the 3D-Fantasy theme i get the attatchement boxes.
If using the BF2 theme to view a forum post with attachements they dont appear, but if you use 3D-Fantasy theme you can see the attachement.

Can someone give me some pointers as to which files I will need to compare between the 2 themes. I assume that there is soimething missing or missconfigured in one of teh tpl files.

Many thanks in advance

G

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:30 pm Reply with quote

you need tpl-files in your theme!
check the tpls of the fisubice theme. you must edit the tpls to your theme standards. look at tpls with "attach" in the filename!

gandlers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:17 am Reply with quote

thanks, i will have a look.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 5:37 am Reply with quote

Copy any template files that have "attach" or "attachment" in their names from a stock theme to your theme.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan.

Last edited by Palbin on Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:12 pm; edited 1 time in total 
gandlers

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote

cheers, I will look into it.

G

myrtletrees
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
Copy any template files that have "attach" or "attachment" in their names from a stock theme to your theme.

That does not work
Simply uploading the .tpl files does not install the attachment mod into a 3rd party theme.

There is more to it than that.

According to the Readme, it says this:
NOTE: Only fisubice and DeepBlue/subSilver have been modified.
For any custom themes or template, follow the directions from
the subSilver changes using STEP NUMBER III directions

HOWEVER, there is no INSTALL instructions for installing the attachment mod onto your own 3rd party theme, so the so called "instructions" are USELESS!

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 1:34 pm Reply with quote

I could only find instructions for an older version of the mod. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There are a handful of changes to the standard template files, so maybe this will get you going in the right direction Smile

At a quick glance I don't see any theme template edits that would have changed... but you will have to try it out. You can also compare to the same files in the RN distro if there is any confusion.

myrtletrees

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:36 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
I could only find instructions for an older version of the mod. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

There are a handful of changes to the standard template files, so maybe this will get you going in the right direction Smile

At a quick glance I don't see any theme template edits that would have changed... but you will have to try it out. You can also compare to the same files in the RN distro if there is any confusion.

Thanks, I found those instructions too, but there is nothing in them for editing .tpl files.

I've managed to get it to work with my theme so far at least in posts. I have not got it to work with private messages yet, which I am not really concerned about. I was more interested in my users having the ability to attach files to topics.

What I did to get it to work was this:

I copied all my .tpl files to a backup directory for my theme. I then took the fisubice .tpl files and uploaded them.
After that, I went through and started using a text compare program to do side by side comparisons of each file from my original .tpl files versus the ones from fisubice. I made the changes accordingly and then uploaded the changed files one at a time, testing each page. It was tedious and not recommended but it worked for the most part.

papamike
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2011 11:59 am Reply with quote

There are 4 files that have to be copied from fisubice for the attachments and quick reply to work in both private messages and topics.

admin folder in forums root (separate download)
message_body.tpl
posting_body.tpl
viewtopic_body.tpl
viewtopic_attach_body.tpl

You can download these files [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] in the downloads area ... membership is not required.

Edit: I forgot, you will need to replace fisubice to the name of your theme in viewtopic_body.tpl or your graphic images may not show. I think there's about 3 of them.

Last edited by papamike on Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:13 am; edited 2 times in total 
Palbin

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 6:24 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

papamike

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:46 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
http://rnwiki.ravennuke.com/wiki/RavenNuke2:Recipes
If people went to my forums they would literally fall off the stage laughing. killing me But, for curiosity sake I am going to read, experiment and install the sub-forums as the link made available from Palbin points to.

Just out of curiosity though, will using this method cure the no attachment/quick reply in third party forums?

Thanks,
Mike

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic