Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke
astorm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi , sorry if in the wrong forum.
Been trying for days to set up a phpBB3 forum which i did do - modded it to hell , the trouble im having is, if i register on our raven nuke site it wont add the user to the phBB3 site , i did manage to do it the other day messed the site up and had to re-install havnt managed to do it again. ive read a few topics about it and tried loads of times - but same problem - wont add user on phpbb forum.
Do i have to have the phpbb forum on another database and add the bridge to the same database that raven is on ? i cant think how i did it the other day.
Ive tried doing the post that says drop the tables etc. Have been using the tricked out mods bridge and it worked once , just dont understand why it wont again. i really need a step by step guide , thanks in advance if anyone can help

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:45 pm Reply with quote

If this the phpbb3 RN bridge from my site Trickedoutnews.com the new user will not show up in the new forum until they visit the phpbb3 forum. The phpbb3 is also cached. You may need to clear the phpbb3 cache to refresh the page.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Yes, you will need to have the same database as your RavenNuke install.
Quote:
RavenNuke 2.40.01 phpBB3.0.8 Bridge
INTRODUCTION:
This is a user bridge of phpBB3.0.8 to the RavenNuke 2.40.01 CMS based on the work of OSC2Nuke's phpbb3 bridge for PHPNUKE. This is not a port or full integration. Only the users are shared between the two systems. This is done so phpBB3 mods and themes will be easier to add as will updates.

INSTALL:

Backup your site and database before proceeding!

To install this bridge, upload the contents of the html folder (phpBB3 and blocks) to your RavenNuke root directory.
Once you have uploaded the files, open your RavenNuke config.php file and find:
if (defined('INCLUDE_PATH') && file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php')) require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php'; Before it add:
!defined(INCLUDE_PATH) ? define(INCLUDE_PATH, dirname(__FILE__) . '/') : ''; Close and save config.php

Go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and click install.
You will need to use the database parameters and administrator username and password of your RavenNuke site on this install.
NOTE: You MUST use the same database name and password as your RavenNuke install. You MUST use your RavenNuke admin username and password as your phpBB3 admin.

I have included a convertor for your RavenNuke phpbb2 board to the phpBB3 board. If you feel brave and wish to try, click the Convertor tab, select the Universal *-NUKE CMS option and proceed.

You will receive a notice that the search index needs to be populated. You do this through your phpBB3 ACP after you have finished the next step.

Once you have finished, you need to replace the phpBB3/config.php with the one supplied in the Add_After_Install folder. Be sure to replace the config.php in the phpBB3 folder and not the one in your RavenNuke root directory.

You are now finished. You need to either delete or rename the install directory in phpBB3. You can activate the ForumsBB3 block in your RavenNuke acp. You can access your phpBB3 install by going to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

astorm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Yes it is - just re instaling my main nuke site, will try later and let u know, thanks

astorm

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 2:06 am Reply with quote

You were right. Every time i made a test person on our main site and clicked the link to the forums the new test person never showed up - coz i hadnt logged myself out - DOH - never crossed my mind to log out first - 4 days of uninstalling and re installing, when it probably would have worked on the first install - how stupid am i ? ( dont answer that ) thanks for your help - much appreciated Smile

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2011 8:45 am Reply with quote

Awesome

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BBtoNuke

View next topic
View previous topic