Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
pureliving
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 9:56 am Reply with quote

I'v been trying for hours to find a solution without any success, so forgive me if there is a topic somewhere else of my issue, though if there is could you please forward me the link.

Basically, i have the news module that comes with the latest release of raven and have it set to All Visitors, and the Submit News set to Registered Users, however within the top nukeNAV bar, the submit news still displays, and allows an anonymous user to post.

I set my preferences for the anonymous user not allowed to post but under nukeNAV its still allows them.

Under site navigation the submit news link does not display unless logged in as a user, as it should be, therefore i cant figure out why it displays under the header of nukeNav when not logged in and when clicked it allows an anonymous user to post.

How can i stop it displaying and allowing anonymous users to submit news, so that it only displays and allows only registered users to post and see it?

Any advice would be highly appreciated.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 10:30 am Reply with quote

Anonymous users can not submit news. They get a message about the module being deactivated. The only slight problem I see is that Submit News is no removed from the NukeNav menu when it is inactive.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
pureliving

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 11:46 am Reply with quote

Any ideas how i would get it working correctly, so that when a visitor is not logged in, they will not see submit news in the headers nukeNAV menu?

Not sure if this is a slight bug with nukeNav or just some code missing so that it would work with the permissions.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 12:53 pm Reply with quote

You can edit includes/jquery/nukeNAV.php to display the link only to registered users..

find:
if (is_active('Submit_News'))

change to:
if (is_active('Submit_News') AND is_user($user))

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:00 pm Reply with quote

That change causes a white page. --- Never mind I had changed the wrong submit line.

pureliving

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2011 2:52 pm Reply with quote

Spasticdonkey you legend.

Thank you very much, that worked exactly in the way i was needing.
worship

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:33 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey, can you right up a mantis issue for this.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote

Done. I think this should also include the "recent forum posts" link as well

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:19 am Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Done. I think this should also include the "recent forum posts" link as well

What do you mean?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 1:52 pm Reply with quote

The "recent forum posts" link in nukeNAV just forwards anonymous users to register/login.

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 6:47 pm Reply with quote

I agree that link should be hidden as well.

pureliving

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 9:19 am Reply with quote

In regards to stopping anonymous users postings news, i started to think about the content module and encyclopedia module.

Basically if the content module and encyclopedia is set to all visitors, yet when creating categories, there may be a need to make a specific category for registered users only, how could this be modified?

To have the decision to leave categories for all visitors or make specific categories for registered users only. Any idea is this can be done with both modules?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 pm Reply with quote

pureliving, of course it can be done, but it will not be simple to do. It is not something one of us can just post a few code changes for.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:17 pm Reply with quote

If you look @ [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] the "EZ Permissions Mod" (on the homepage) did pretty much what you are looking for. Not sure where he left off with it, or if he released the code or not...

Susann

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:35 pm Reply with quote

First I would edit the title of this topic because it`s a bit bewildering.

Second I would try to post in the for hire forum for these massive code changes in content and encyclopedia module. Good luck!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pureliving

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2011 3:53 pm Reply with quote

That Mod is exactly the type of thing i refer to, though can not see anywhere where he has released it, neither on his website or on google. Shame because it seems the perfect Mod required to control permissions.

I wish i was smarter to understand indepth more so to create modules and Mods to help others, just as much as you all help the community nukers, but as i am not i shroud myself in shame though extremely grateful to you more advanced experts. Your all amazing.

If you no of a release or similar Mod is would be extremely helpful.
Thank you.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic