Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
TAd
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:17 pm Reply with quote

Hello,

Recently my site has been getting an individual/s who seems to want to change 1 or 2 links with gibberish. I have tracked down this persons actions and have found that they also try to change the language to Chinese but that is causing some sort of error. I have dubbed him/her the hoho bandit, and not because s/he enjoys Hostess products. The term hoho is what s/he places into the comments section for the proposed modifications.

Error I get in error.log (in root):

Quote:
PHP Parse error: syntax error, unexpected $end in webroot/modules/Your_Account/language/lang-chinese.php on line 260

Line 260 of that particular file:

Code:
?>

The main issue though, is how to go about restricting the weblinks "modification" to registered members only. I have since come across info that led me to locate webroot/modules/Web_Links/l_config.php and it has what appears to be exactly what I am looking for:

Code:
// $blockunregmodify:           Block unregistered users from suggesting links changes? (1=Yes 0=No)

Within that file was the following:

I changed line 47 to:

Code:
$blockunregmodify = 1;

I will leave this for a few days and then see if the individual gives up. I am curious if anyone else has run across the language error. Or what you have done to prevent weblink modification spamming. I am glad the Admin has to approve the submissions, just not so happy with the hoho bandit. Wink

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:22 pm Reply with quote

Could you have empty whitespace after the closing php tag in the language file?
Either way, you can just remove the closing tag and it won't hurt anything.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic