Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
blacksnday
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:04 pm Reply with quote

seems like my server will take a little while longer then I had expected.

might be best to wait until it is fully up again.

sorry about that

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 6:26 pm Reply with quote

ok it seems to be back up now

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:04 pm Reply with quote

No use, the new index will not work with or without Sentinel enabled. Load the file that works for you and uncomment the sentinel line in mainfile.php

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:14 pm Reply with quote

Do you think you know the cause?

I have seen other sites that this new streaming mod works on

is it my server?

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:19 pm Reply with quote

Unless it was coded for an older version of php the only other thing making it fail would be one of the other modules or protection scripts like Protector, ive seen cases where even a block would make a module fail because of variables with the same name on both clashing.

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:20 pm Reply with quote

So, am I to assume that Sentinel helped isolate another problem but isn't the cause Laughing ?

ROTFL Sorry Blacksnday, I'm just goading you here Bang Head

So, do I owe you an apology or you me Wink

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:24 pm Reply with quote

lol Raven, not sure yet......
but as of now, what I am gonna do right now....

is back-up Sentinel, restore my site to a pre-sentinel status, then see if the streaming block works.

will let you all know ASAP if that worked or not

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Ok, I found what was causing the Mod to not show the index.

It was the Protecter Script....... NOT Sentinel Rolling Eyes

The line protector needs added to header.php
Code:
if(!eregi("admin.php",$_SERVER['PHP_SELF'])) {

require_once("includes/blocker.php"); }

was preventing the script in the Streaming Mod's Index file
from showing.

Now comes the question as to wether to lose protector, or find a fix.....

Sentinel so far has been great to me.......

Sorry to have taken so much of you time everyone... not to mention the flooding posts here lol

Thanks again you all (chatserv) Razz have been a great help

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:03 pm Reply with quote

We already knew Sentinel was not the cause, like i told you i installed the module on a Sentinel protected website and it works there as for Protector one would have to check the blocker file to see what in it is messing the module's main page, i'll have a look if ftp is still active for me'.

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:05 pm Reply with quote

yea if ya want to........ the ftp is still active for ya

*humbly apologizes for yelling at Sentinel Razz*

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:09 pm Reply with quote

RavensScripts - Resistance is futile. You HAVE BEEN assimilated RavensScripts

chatserv

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:18 pm Reply with quote

At quick glance variables like $count which is used in the module's pagination and file total math is also used in the blocker file, this could be part of the problem, i did not find any other repeats but that doesn't mean they don't exist, finding one is enough to guess conflicts could arise.

blacksnday

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2004 8:20 pm Reply with quote

thanks chatserv, I will look into it more later,

I can thank you enough for the help you have given me Smile

CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 1:28 pm Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
In Friend Finder's modules/FriendFinder/index.php file find lines 699-702:
Code:
    getusrinfo($user);

$result1 = sql_query("select ffusername,sex, birth, degree,oicq,selfintro,stapro,city,postcode,location, object, method, other, photo, keyword,time, click, song,film, marriage,tel,country,user_occ,havechild,wantchild,drink,smoke,race from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile1 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'",$dbi);
    $row = sql_fetch_array($result1, $dbi);
    if (($userinfo[username] != $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] != $cookie[2])) {
and change to:
Code:
cookiedecode($user);

getusrinfo($user);
    $result1 = sql_query("select ffusername,sex, birth, degree,oicq,selfintro,stapro,city,postcode,location, object, method, other, photo, keyword,time, click, song,film, marriage,tel,country,user_occ,havechild,wantchild,drink,smoke,race from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile1 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'",$dbi);
if ((is_user($user)) AND ($userinfo[username] == $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] == $cookie[2])) {

They copied the lines directly from YA so it's the exact same issue as YA.

Update: I found the following must be changed as well to allow users to edit their personals profile as well as modify their location:

FIND:

Code:
function edituser1(){

global $user_prefix,$currentlang,$user,$module_name, $cookie, $sitename, $userinfo,$dbi;

getusrinfo($user);

$result = sql_query("select ffusername,uid,height,weight,langspeaks,dislike,myfbooks,myfcolor,mymostlikeman,mymostlikeplace,haircolor,hairstyle,facialhair,eyecolor,eyewear,bodytype,favoriteitem,disabilities,healthstatus profile from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile2 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'", $dbi);

$row= sql_fetch_array($result, $dbi);

require("modules/$module_name/data/data-$currentlang.php");

if (($userinfo[username] != $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] != $cookie[2])) {

REPLACE WITH:

Code:
function edituser1(){

global $user_prefix,$currentlang,$user,$module_name, $cookie, $sitename, $userinfo,$dbi;

cookiedecode($user);
    getusrinfo($user);
    if ((is_user($user)) AND ($userinfo[username] == $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] == $cookie[2])) {

$result = sql_query("select ffusername,uid,height,weight,langspeaks,dislike,myfbooks,myfcolor,mymostlikeman,mymostlikeplace,haircolor,hairstyle,facialhair,eyecolor,eyewear,bodytype,favoriteitem,disabilities,healthstatus profile from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile2 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'", $dbi);

$row= sql_fetch_array($result, $dbi);

require("modules/$module_name/data/data-$currentlang.php");

FIND:

Code:
function editcountry() {

global $user, $userinfo,$dbi,$user_prefix, $cookie, $module_name,$currentlang;

include("modules/$module_name/data/data-$currentlang.php");

getusrinfo($user);

REPLACE WITH:

Code:
function editcountry() {

global $user, $userinfo,$dbi,$user_prefix, $cookie, $module_name,$currentlang;

include("modules/$module_name/data/data-$currentlang.php");

cookiedecode($user);
    getusrinfo($user);

With these changes I had no more problems with the edit user functions.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2004 1:22 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Got it. Will take a look later as everyone else will too Laughing - Thanks

chatserv wrote:
I see nothing in the module's code that would make it fail so my first guess would be variables might be clashing, i'll check in the am, kinda late right now.

With the popularity of hot or not with visitors and as much as not wanting to, felt compelled to remove sentinel replacing it with Protector, Admin Secure and Fortress. Hoping all together they can provide the high level of security Sentinel seemed to provide my php nuke 6.8 site.. Wink

Guess no one was able to figure out the hot or not conflict with sentinel.. or perhaps too busy working on a sentinel update.. ???

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2004 4:11 pm Reply with quote

Yes, it seems that it has fallen through the cracks. Sad I am sure it is because they are busy with projects of much higher priority. I am sure they will help us with it when they have the time. Very Happy

Justin_Sane

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:22 am Reply with quote

Got an email notification of your post Curtis and checked it out thinking perhaps a solution... But the MSN IP I was on had been banned (got a 'forbidden' so logged on to another of many DNS;-) ????? Did I do something 'wrong' (ie offended someone w/reality)??? Or is sentinel set to ban some MSN IPs???

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2004 11:51 am Reply with quote

Justin,

What IP was banned?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 2:51 pm Reply with quote

I was just curious if anyone has figured out how to restore functionality to the Hot or Not module when using Sentinel? I know you are all busy so please don't think I am being impatient, I have tried over and over to fix it myself so as not to bug you, but just have not suceeded. Sad

I guess I am just trying to find out if you have abandoned efforts to find a work around or fix for this module that is affected by Sentinel. If so I will quit asking. Smile

Thanks guys!

chatserv

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote

I'm currently tied with several projects and Raven as you might know suffered the loss of his father so this might take a bit longer

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2004 3:12 pm Reply with quote

I imagined that must have been the issue. Once again I apologize for seeming impatient and needy. I just wanted to discern whether or not it had been abandoned as it is not a major issue like other members requests for help.

Thank you chatserv. I am in no hurry. Smile

rainy

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:07 pm Reply with quote

I would like to add Site Messenger as a mod that Sentinel doesnt like, as well as perhaps the forums center block since that seemed to stop working when I installed sentinel. The fact that Site Messenger logs the IMs into the private messages module and that has stopped working or allowing folks to open any PMs gets me wondering if Sentinel might be the key to that issue.

I have one site that FlashChat stopped working with when I added Sentinel - not sure what is different since the others work.

Thanks for any advice. I can send the module zips if need be.

craigmack
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:22 am Reply with quote

Sorry to open up such an old topic but the problem curtishwas having with the hot or not mod i am having now and i was wondering if anybody found a fix for this? My hot or not mod pagination isnt working. Thanks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic