Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 10:22 am Reply with quote

I want to start by saying thank you for all your time that you spend helping us (the users) out in here; I am sure you have better things to do.

That being said I need to ask why would my forum image notifications (ie: New Post, Popular post, New Reply, etc.) aren't working, or working like they should. I downloaded the "Black_Ops" theme from clanthemes.com (not advertising), and thought that it was the issues, but I checked the other themes and still not showing the image for a new post or new reply. Is there some way to turn them on, or have I not set up my site right (most likely)?
I know it is not something that is necessary to have, but it is nice. It is showing that a new person has posted all the way to the right, by listing a new name, but that is it.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:02 am Reply with quote

I would suggest creating a new user and see if it works for that user. The issue could likely be related to your copying your old users into the rn user table.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 11:15 am Reply with quote

Can we get a link to your site? If you do not want to post it publicly can you pm it me.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (skips intro)

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:24 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] or [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (skips intro).

As far as the copying, the only thing I took from the old nuke table was the passwords and some of the information that I put into the RN under MySQL. Meaning to say, I had to go and recreate each account through the site, then once I did that, I went into MySQL admin and just copied the passwords from the PHP Nuke file.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:31 pm Reply with quote

Okay, I am ignorant. I think I might have figured this one out. I was looking at it from being logged in as God admin, but I logged in as a user, and they are working. I am sorry, for taking up your time. I feel so newbish right now...lol. I can't believe I didn't try that before, I just assumed that everything worked the same way for the admin, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic