Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's
ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:04 pm Reply with quote

i own a sig site now and i am inserting a file uploader to the site.

i do not wish for the files to be saved to the database though from the owner i have been told to make the link change and upload to the directory he used to use.

here is the current coding:

# the upload store directory (chmod 777)
$dir = "store";

how do i alter this to have it to save this on the webpage ??

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:00 pm Reply with quote

or could anyone point me in the direction of a uploader that will allow me to upload to a site directory base function instead of my site database ???

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:11 pm Reply with quote

I haven't actually tried this yet, although I have it downloaded. See if this is what you're after [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:40 pm Reply with quote

cheers, from what i have been through onit it looks like just what i need and looks really good, thanks again

porcupinepc
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 4:57 pm Reply with quote

I just downloaded the same file and am getting the following error. Obviously i have some files in the wrong place. I have modules in modules etc. Appreciate any help. Here's the error im getting:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10209 is not allowed to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads owned by uid 0 in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 218

Warning: opendir(modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/joerobertson): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 218

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 220

Account Summary:

Warning: opendir(): SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 10209 is not allowed to access /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads owned by uid 0 in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 98

Warning: opendir(modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/joerobertson): failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 98

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /usr/local/psa/home/vhosts/porcupinepc.com/httpdocs/forums/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 101

Regards

Joe

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:01 pm Reply with quote

mine might be the same aint sure though here is what i got out:

File Name File Size Delete Rename

Warning: opendir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/ruffleader) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/innovat:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 218

Warning: opendir(/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/ruffleader): failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 218

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 220
You have no uploaded files!

Account Summary:

Warning: opendir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/ruffleader) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/innovat:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 98

Warning: opendir(/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/ruffleader): failed to open dir: Operation not permitted in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 98

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 101

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote

it gives me some of the options liek the size of files, my folder url though it replicates it over and over

fury
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:04 pm Reply with quote

looks to me like a folder permission problem check your chmod settings to make sure it is the same as what the installation requires

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:13 pm Reply with quote

the coding from what i have read doesnt mention anything about the chmod settings, there aint a readme or install file with the program either

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:16 pm Reply with quote

Start by making them all 775 then go to 777 would be my guess.

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:19 pm Reply with quote

nope, nothing happens i had already tried that, i am trying to get in contact with the maker and find out if he knows the problem as this seems a very good thing to use with allowing the user a certain amount of space along with his own folder with work

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:31 pm Reply with quote

It would have been nice to have a readme file attached. It would be nice to get this going. I am also looking for a decent program to enable my users to upload images to their messages in the forums. I have a "Trading Post" that i operate.

Joe
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote

I installed it on the test site and i am going to see if i can get it to work and i will post here any findings
thanks
Fury

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:32 pm Reply with quote

porcupinepc wrote:
It would have been nice to have a readme file attached. It would be nice to get this going. I am also looking for a decent program to enable my users to upload images to their messages in the forums. I have a "Trading Post" that i operate.

Joe
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
This exists. I think it's at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but I can't remember for sure.

fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:38 pm Reply with quote

ok i found out what has happened on the first error
Code:
Warning: opendir(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/modules/My_Uploads/user_folders/ruffleader) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/innovat:/usr/lib/php:/usr/local/lib/php:/tmp) in /home/innovat/public_html/thesigsite/modules/My_Uploads/index.php on line 218 

It is not allowing to create a directory with the usersname i created one by hand and it worked and the error went away.
working on the second and third errors now.
Thanks
Fury

fury

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:41 pm Reply with quote

ok that has fixed it all from what i see you must have read and write access all the way thru to the modules directory

Modules 775
My_Uploads 775
user_folders 777
Your named folder 777

this is what i could only come up with hopefully someone else knows more and posts.
thanks
Fury

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:42 pm Reply with quote

right so just add a folder for each user and that should solve the first problem yeah and also thanks for the help fury very grateful

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:45 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Start by making them all 775 then go to 777 would be my guess.
Just for clarification, that is what I was suggesting here. Ruff, you said you tried it and it didn't work?

porcupinepc

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:31 pm Reply with quote

Yes, i created a directory and it seems ok now.

Also, regarding the "File Attachment Mod 2". I downloaded it from Portedmods. The only thing is there is alot of code to edit. Im a little nervous editing as im scared to screw up the board. Its a slow process.We'll see.

Joe

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 6:39 pm Reply with quote

That's how they do most of their modifications. You edit code.

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:07 am Reply with quote

where abouts on the ported mods site is this File Attachment Mod 2

ruffleader

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 6:47 am Reply with quote

well i have got mine now fully working, thanks for your help.

i found that after i added the folders and change the chmod on the folders things seemed to load partly better.

after this in the main admin section the upload folder section said /modules/my_uploads/user_uploads/

so i took out the ' / ' before modules and everything seemed to work after that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> How To's

View next topic
View previous topic