Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:46 am Reply with quote

Raven,

Your Account login page does not show the graphic using IE. I switched over to Firefox 1.0.4 and it works. Just wanted you to know.

Love the IDEA! Would love it more if it could become a common "service" that all module/block makers could use. Not sure what all that high-level statement implies at the detail level for Nuke, but just putting on my PM hat.

Regards,
montego

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 10:59 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Raven,

Your Account login page does not show the graphic using IE. I switched over to Firefox 1.0.4 and it works. Just wanted you to know.

Love the IDEA! Would love it more if it could become a common "service" that all module/block makers could use. Not sure what all that high-level statement implies at the detail level for Nuke, but just putting on my PM hat.

Regards,
montego
Yep - just got an email from someone else and I guessed right off the bat that was the problem. Now I need to figure out what IE doesn't like. No doubt it's a standard that they don't conform to <brrr>

64bitguy
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:29 am Reply with quote

I haven't seen the code yet, but if uses a png-24 alpha transparency to build the image, there are probably issues (This is where I comment how Microsoft stinks)...

I found some good documentation about this when working with my version at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I'm sure this will help resolve the issue.

One of the things I was working on was using the new GD library function of animated gif to make it rotate. In my tests, NONE of the bot image reader hacks could beat that method. Coupled with the new security algorithm, it would be impossible to beat it. The bitch would be that you would need to be running one of the latest GD Library builds to get it to work, hence why it wouldn't be very good for most people, but it's still a neat idea.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:36 am Reply with quote

It's a jpg, but I will read that link anyway. Thanks!

64bitguy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 11:45 am Reply with quote

Is there any metadata in it? If so, that would explain it. Another IE problem.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:28 am Reply with quote

I've got a custom form, based on the feedback module. The captcha is not showing up in IE8. Captcha works fine in FF, Safari, Chrome, and IE9.
Any suggestions to get captcha showing up in IE8?

Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:04 am Reply with quote

#1 Install Google Chrome Frame
#2 Set chrome header

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 11:19 am Reply with quote

I'm not sure that his a solution, but we need more information on exactly what is wrong. Does the image show at all? Is it a broken image? A screen shot would be nice, but a url would be even better if possible.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
PHrEEkie
Subject Matter Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:56 pm Reply with quote

I 2nd the vote for a little more info...

Are you using a custom background of any sorts for your captcha, or is everything default? Are you working locally, or is this an external server? Have you cleared the IE8 temp files and history? Can you provide the snippet of your script that calls the captcha?

I've had a LOT of weird stuff go on with IE8. This usually occurs when I've been using one browser session too long. Closing that out completely
and opening a fresh instance, or sometimes re-booting my machine suddenly clears up the problem.

- Keith

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 8:51 pm Reply with quote

The script is really the same script as the Feedback module. (RN2.4) It's only some heredoc and it's echo that is custom on the page. The standard, non modified Feedback module has exactly the same issue.

Nothing looks broken, the captcha just doesn't show up at all.

I'm hoping the spammers don't use IE8. lol

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:09 pm Reply with quote

I hate to ask the obvious, but are you sure that you are not logged in as an admin in IE? Just because the CAPTCHA does not show does not mean you can submit the form without it (unless you are an admin).

PHrEEkie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:32 pm Reply with quote

CodyG wrote:
The standard, non modified Feedback module has exactly the same issue.

Nothing looks broken, the captcha just doesn't show up at all.

I'm hoping the spammers don't use IE8. lol

Ok, big difference between a "broken" captcha, and one that isn't there. The one that isn't there either isn't actually activated, or not being shown, and it isn't expecting a challenge code. A broken captcha will show an image placeholder, so you know it's there, and it IS expecting a challenge code, you just can't see the image.

I thought you were dealing with a broken captcha. Since you are not, I'm with Palbin.. you either have captcha disabled for Feedback or modules or whatever else, or you are logged in as Admin, which never sees captcha once they have logged in.

Check your config.php and rnconfig.php and ensure the proper things are activated.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Captcha Security

View next topic
View previous topic