Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help
express
Client

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:11 pm Reply with quote

Hi,

I have installed RN on several other sites during the past few years and all installs went fine. I am starting another website and went to do a new install with RN 2.4. I get to the stage;

From your browser, type in [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (add the /html if you loaded it into a sub-folder) and press GO or the ENTER key. You should receive an error message to the effect of:

There seems to be a problem with the MySQL server Configuration Table - It's missing.

If you are installing this for the first time, did you remember to run INSTALLATION/installSQL.php file?

Otherwise, please report this to the Administrator ASAP.

We should be back shortly.

I then type in;
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Of course the YOURDOMAIN.com is my actual url.

At this point I get another screen saying something to the fact that it cannot find a table and asks me again ;
did you remember to run INSTALLATION/installSQL.php file?

I have triple checked my uploading of RN and all the files are there. The INSTALLATION folder is complete and so is the installSQL.php.

What am I missing? Why isn't it installing? Never had this issue before with my prior installs of RN.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:25 am Reply with quote

Is this in the root of your domain or a sub-sirectory or a sub-domain?

express

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:45 am Reply with quote

It is in the root of the domain.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:51 am Reply with quote

do you have the config.php pointing to the correct database with correct password?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:54 am Reply with quote

Are using the correct capitalization in the url? The only reason I can think of you getting this is if it can't find what it is looking for and the Error Documents are kicking in.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
express

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 11:49 am Reply with quote

...do you have the config.php pointing to the correct database with correct password?...

Yes, triple checked it.

Are using the correct capitalization in the url?

Yes,

I traced the directory to my root and it is correct.

What is irritating to me is that this will be about the 10th time I have done a fresh install of RN. It isn't like this is my first rodeo. I will try an earlier version of RN and see if I get the same problem.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote

Try clearing your browsers cache. The page may be stored in there and not loading correctly.

express

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:49 pm Reply with quote

Well I was stumped. I ended up deleting the whole install and started all over. I had previously downloaded the .tar version so this time I downloaded the other one. Uploaded to the site and the install went without a hitch. By the way, this was the first time in 12 RN installs that I did not do a file verification check, me bad and getting to lazy. I must have had a corrupt upload with the previous attempt.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Installation Help

View next topic
View previous topic