Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
CurtisH
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 9:59 am Reply with quote

Raven, Bob, Chatserv

I am hoping that maybe you could offer some assistance with some problems that I am having.

It appears that some add on modules do not work well with Sentinel ( v 1.2.0), I believe they are affected in the same manner as the Your Account module is before you make the changes to the four functions in the index.php (or the four separate files in the NSN Version). I am still pretty green at correcting these kind of issues and PHP coding in general so I am at a bit of a disadvantage.

I have friends who are experiencing the same problems with the same modules that I am. We all have found that commenting out the include function for Sentinel in the mainfile.php restores full functionality to the affected modules, but this of course leaves the site open to exploitation.

I have searched all of the top Nuke resources extensively, as well as the developers sites and have found no mention of this problem, yet it definately exists. I initially found out about it when my members began requesting help with these aspects of the site. When I went to do a walk through with them I found the problem... The features were not working properly. Because I had experienced the problem with the YA module, I commented out the include function in the mainfile and voila... the modules worked again.

Currently I am having these specific problems:

FriendFinder 2.1.3 - Members are unable to use the "Edit user" feature becaue when they click on the link, it merely refreshes the page, just like the Your Account module did before the fix was applied.

Hot or Not 2.0 - When viewers (members or anonymous) try to browse the available images, they are not able to navigate beyond the first page (via the navigation at the bottom off the module) of images because when they click on the any of the navigation links (i.e. Back :: 1 2 :: Next) the page merely refreshes just like the Your Account module did before the fix was applied.

I have reviewed the code in each of these modules to see if they could be fixed in the same manner as the Your Account module, but there are big enough differences that I was unable to correct the problem without crippling the modules... meaning that I feel my understanding of PHP is not yet of the caliber needed to fix these modules so that they work with Sentinel enabled.

I would love for one or more of you to look at these modules and see what needs to be changed to satisfy Sentinel.

I can grant Admin, PHPmyAdmin and FTP access to whichever of you three wish to take a look.

Also, maybe there should be a dedicated forum to this type of issue?

Thank you for your time. I look forward tou your response.

Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:17 am Reply with quote

Could you look at you server error log and see if there is a specific error that is being thrown?

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:21 am Reply with quote

I need links to the downloads for those two modules for me to look at what is interacting with Sentinel and causing the problems.

Please either send me the complete packages at webmaster(at)nukescripts(dot)net or give links here and I'll download and test those out and try to find a fix for you.

Most likely it's going to be very similar to the YA fix but won't know for sure until I get into them.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2004 10:30 am Reply with quote

I am going to reply to Raven and Bob in this post. Smile

Raven: The server error logs displayed no information regarding the modules after duplicating the page refresh problem in each.

Bob: Yes sir, I can send both to you and will in the next few minutes.

Thank you both for the extremely fast reply.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 10:53 am Reply with quote

Hello Gentlemen.

I was just wondering if either of you have had a chance to look at those two modules that I sent you.

Thanks!

Curtis H

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:24 am Reply with quote

I have not gotten them from you as of yet.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:34 am Reply with quote

Well that is weird... I emailed them the same day. would you email me at clh at curtishancock dot com

I will reply with the zipped attachments

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 12:56 pm Reply with quote

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Got em and will look at them this evening (EST).

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Thank you so much Bob!

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 2:58 pm Reply with quote

In Friend Finder's modules/FriendFinder/index.php file find lines 699-702:
Code:
    getusrinfo($user);

$result1 = sql_query("select ffusername,sex, birth, degree,oicq,selfintro,stapro,city,postcode,location, object, method, other, photo, keyword,time, click, song,film, marriage,tel,country,user_occ,havechild,wantchild,drink,smoke,race from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile1 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'",$dbi);
    $row = sql_fetch_array($result1, $dbi);
    if (($userinfo[username] != $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] != $cookie[2])) {
and change to:
Code:
cookiedecode($user);

getusrinfo($user);
    $result1 = sql_query("select ffusername,sex, birth, degree,oicq,selfintro,stapro,city,postcode,location, object, method, other, photo, keyword,time, click, song,film, marriage,tel,country,user_occ,havechild,wantchild,drink,smoke,race from ".$user_prefix."_user_profile1 where ffusername='$userinfo[username]'",$dbi);
    $row = sql_fetch_array($result1, $dbi);
if ((is_user($user)) AND ($userinfo[username] == $cookie[1]) AND ($userinfo[user_password] == $cookie[2])) {

They copied the lines directly from YA so it's the exact same issue as YA.

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:31 pm Reply with quote

In Hot or Not's index.php file find line 145:
Code:
     if ($count == 0 && !$unrated) Header("location: modules.php?name=Hot_Or_Not&cat=$gl_cat_id&h_op=unrated");
and comment it out like so:
Code:
     //if ($count == 0 && !$unrated) Header("location: modules.php?name=Hot_Or_Not&cat=$gl_cat_id&h_op=unrated");
I don't see why the logic is failing once Sentinel is added but that is the line that keeps forcing you back to the first page.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 3:55 pm Reply with quote

BobMarion wrote:
In Hot or Not's index.php file find line 145:
Code:
     if ($count == 0 && !$unrated) Header("location: modules.php?name=Hot_Or_Not&cat=$gl_cat_id&h_op=unrated");
and comment it out like so:
Code:
     //if ($count == 0 && !$unrated) Header("location: modules.php?name=Hot_Or_Not&cat=$gl_cat_id&h_op=unrated");
I don't see why the logic is failing once Sentinel is added but that is the line that keeps forcing you back to the first page.
Ok I applied the first change (Friendfinder) and that works now as it should. Thank you!

I applied the second change (HotorNot) and am still experiencing the page refresh issue.

You can view it at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:30 pm Reply with quote

What link does that I just went there browsed a little voted once it was all good?

Edit: I see I think the paging links at the bottom of the page?

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 4:37 pm Reply with quote

Voting is not the problem, the problem is that the navigation at the bottom of the module does not work, if you click on either the "next" link or the next sequential number the pages refreshes instead of going to the next page of images.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Yes, the links at the bottom of the page. They only refresh the page. Sad

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 5:57 pm Reply with quote

I have stared at the code in this module for hours Bang Head and just can't find where Sentinel is affecting the TOP portion. Of course the way this module is coded may be part of it since it uses the old sql layering system and you get lost trying to trace the route it takes. I'll look at it again tomorrow when my eyes aren't falling out of my head.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:02 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Bob, I appreciate that you have made time for me. Very Happy

BobMarion

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:59 pm Reply with quote

BTW, are either of these paid scripts? I'm thinking of adding FriendFinder to my site if it's a free script Smile

CurtisH

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 6:11 am Reply with quote

Yes sir they are both free. Sorry it took me so long to answer, I had to reinstall my OS on my workstation last night.

CurtisH

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:04 am Reply with quote

I know that I am probably bugging you guys, but have you had any luck with that Hot or Not module? That seems to be one of the hottest, most visited areas of my site and I would love to get it running properly but just do not have the knowledge necessary to figure out the solution myself. Sad

Curt

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 7:37 pm Reply with quote

I'll look at it some more over the weekend. I've been trying to get a few of my other scripts updated the past few days which has me being slow on this.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:42 pm Reply with quote

I tried to download the modules from the link posted above but it seems the zip is no longer there, could you provide a download url so i can check into this?

BobMarion

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 9:58 pm Reply with quote

Try this link: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] <- removed from server

Let me know when you get and I'll pull it back off the NG server Smile

Last edited by BobMarion on Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:08 pm; edited 1 time in total 
chatserv

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:04 pm Reply with quote

Got it, thanks Bob.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic