Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks
pikou

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:37 am Reply with quote

Hi I just installed the who is where today and I am getting this error
Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/www/htdocs/moneyofftheweb/modules/RWH_WhoIsWhere/index.php on line 67
What could this be?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:44 am Reply with quote

That means the memory table did not get created. Refer to this section of the README
Quote:
=========================================================================================================
WARNING!! The first time this script executes, there is no table. So, the script tries to create one. That implies that the dbuser setting in config.php has create table priveleges. If it does not, MySQL will GROAN and not make the table. In that case, use phpMyAdmin and create the table with this QUERY. If your prefix is not nuke, then adjust it accordingly.

CREATE TABLE `nuke_wiw_m` (
`who` varchar(20) default NULL,
`mn` varchar(20) default NULL
) TYPE=HEAP;

=========================================================================================================

ZANIO
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:38 pm Reply with quote

Raven.....i have a question for u...
...i installed the module today ...all the table seems to be installed (i tried to install tham with my phpmyadmin but it said to me that the table is already installed...so i think that they have been installed with my first fun of the script)...

...i see on my menu Who Is Where but wheni click on it it show me a SIMPLE white page with this lines

Guest(s) Online
0 guest(s)

3 User(s) Online
User1
Home
ZANIO
Who Is Where
User 2
News

Where for User 1 and 2 i mean the names of my visitors.....

....my question seem to be really stupid but....all the things that this script do is this??....i know that it only have to say where my users are...but i thought it does this with a more beautiful graphics......do u understand me?

...i saw this functions (to know where an user is) included on the menu...under other infos such as Total users or New of today....it's possible to do this??

...tnxx for all...modules work fine but i would like to know something about the graphics..

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:46 pm Reply with quote

It is a simple block. I don't even show it (the module) in my menu (Invisible). Look at it on my site. That's what it's for, just to show Who Is Where Wink I don't see any need for any glamor to know where someone is. To me, that's a waste of real estate and bandwidth Smile - For the most part I try to present scripts that are simple to install, simple to use, but powerful. This script uses no disk space for its table. It's memory based so it is faster than any other who is script that's out there. Efficiency without overhead RavensScripts

ZANIO

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Raven...yepp...sorry...was my error!!
....i thought it was a module and i didin't create the block...so as u imagine the visualization was soo horrible....u understand?

...so....SORRY...was only my error....BLOCK WORK REALLY FINE!!!!! RavensScripts RavensScripts

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004 12:57 pm Reply with quote

NP! - Bang Head ROTFL Cheers

CoyoteMax

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:49 am Reply with quote

I found something worth noting.

I installed the block and all the files, the database table got created automatically according to the info in the config.php. However, on lines 72 and 80 the index.php assumes "nuke" as the database name - our database does not use that, and I had to change it manually, or I get the "Warning: mysql_fetch_row(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource".

Just trying to help Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 5:32 am Reply with quote

Thanks CM. You are correct. It should read ".$prefix."_wiw_m (or even $user_prefix). I will correct it shortly.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic