Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests
baloo
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Is there any option, or will there be an option, to exclude an IP from being banned ? I have banned myself 3 times now (due to my stupidity and other incompatibilities with other scripts already detailed in these forums), so I need some protection against myself.

When I am at home I can edi the DB and delete my IP, but at work I can't do that.

Ideally the excluded IP can have check boxes to exclude form ALL, BAN, FLOOD, MAIL, PAGE etc so I could still have Sentinal yell at me when I trigger it (which helps me look for the porblem) but not ban me.

BobMarion
Former Admin in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:22 pm Reply with quote

It's not slated for 2.0.0 but we will look at getting it into a version soon after 2.0.0 . We have been discussing the best way to go about it from an IP or Admin stand point.

baloo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2004 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, Admin makes sense, but I can now see the need for exclusions based on both Admin and IP.

Admin: Would help people that who don't have a static IP with an ISP who changes it often. Also, if they are logged in as an Admin, they don't need to use any exploits to cause major damage so there's no point in Sentinel trying to stop them.

IP: Good for testing new Modules/Blocks as a User (as all good Admins do).

Oh what joy, got myself banned again... Bang Head

Last edited by baloo on Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2004 4:50 am Reply with quote

After banning myself 3 times Mad I suggested this to Bob last week. In the mean time I forged a work-around. It's still early - eyes are crossed and I have to head into work. I will try to remember to post back the work-around later today.

Deseroka
Client

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:41 am Reply with quote

This just brngs me right back to my question of "Do I have this running and working properly?"
I mean if Raven is banning himself, then I'm doing something wrong. I've never had it block an IP (tho have got hack alerts) and I've never managed to ban myself.
I must have something wrong.....
RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

baloo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:48 am Reply with quote

I managed to block myself a few times using the Gallery add on from Menalto.

Install that, that'll get you

Deseroka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:50 am Reply with quote

I use gallery but as a stand alone. For the site I use coppermine, it gives me ecard functions and the people in their forum are a heck of alot nicer.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:01 am Reply with quote

Deseroka wrote:
This just brngs me right back to my question of "Do I have this running and working properly?"
I mean if Raven is banning himself, then I'm doing something wrong. I've never had it block an IP (tho have got hack alerts) and I've never managed to ban myself.
I must have something wrong.....
RAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Make sure you have removed all of the Hack Alert code. HA may be running befor Sentinel. Make sure in Sentinel Admin that you have it set to BLOCK.

Deseroka

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2004 5:08 am Reply with quote

You installed HA when I got hacked. I got to go look for it....I saw it recenlty, just don't remember where.
I revert to my "blond morning" statement....

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Enhancement Requests

View next topic
View previous topic