Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
the-legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:30 am Reply with quote

hello I have loaded ravennuke 2.40.00 and when i was working on my site I accidently clicked a page i was admin in but had logged out of another page from the administration area and come across the banned page. I was like Crap and reopened the link to my site and found i wasnt banned. I used my iphone and clicked an admin link got the banned message went through the main page again and wasnt banned. Is there something im missing out on in setting this nuke sentinel up or is it already set and able to ban people from the site. I have tried and tried searched and searched and cant find relevant topics on why thi isnt working. If anyone can help out that would be much appreciated thanks

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:14 am Reply with quote

This has been answered lots of times and is also in the FAQ.
Your normal IP address is added into the 'protected range' during installation to prevent this sort of thing but if you accessed the admin link from a different IP (i.e. from your phone) and had not added it manually to Nuke Sentinel (tm) 'protected range' then you would definitely have been banned if you tried to access one of the admin functions.

To un ban the IP you'll need to find out what it was (should be displayed in the 'you are banned' warning message you saw.
Depending upon what blocker configurations you have set you will need to do the following;
1 Check the .htaccess file in your web root (same location as config.php) and remove the IP from it
2 Manually checked the database table and manually remove the blocked IP. I think the DB table is blocked_ranges or something like that

the-legend

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 8:12 pm Reply with quote

Hello. I can access the site through my iPhone after I get the ban message. The iPhones ip on the optus 3g network is different to my home wireless ip. But I can still access after I get the message so wasn't sure if nuke sentinel is working.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:51 am Reply with quote

Well it is working because you got the ban message. You may want to check the settings in NukeSentinel to see if it is set to permanently ban.

the-legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:33 am Reply with quote

ty for all your replies but i have gone through the nuke sentinel settings its all set to permenant, here is a link to my site http://the-palace-of-friends.com/forum see if you can block yourself and reaccess the site. I still cant work out what nuke sentinel needs doing but am gonna see if i can find an earlier version of ravennuke and load that cause i know nuke sentinel worked on that version. thanks for all your help once again

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 1:57 am Reply with quote

You need to use latest version.
Can you post the entire message you see here as that will tell us the blocker type that is being triggered.

the-legend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:55 am Reply with quote

Hello once again. I have loaded differnet nuke powered sites and found nuke sentinel not working in any of them
On my last host i went through they worked without a problem but i think tis one is somewhat different
One thing i need to ask is the .htaccess .staccess files supose to be hidden I thought on my lasthost i was able to see them but on this one i uploaded the files and cant see the 2 access ones
When i try to upload them to the correct spots it says they already exist .Is my host the problem or is it still something with nuke sentinel

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:08 am Reply with quote

Under activate in the blocker configuration is it set to block?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 9:42 am Reply with quote

Nuke Sentinel is working if you are getting a 'banned' message and as I posted earlier, if you can paste the full message here we can see which blocker is getting tripped. Without the message we are going to go around in circles.

As for your other question about not 'seeing' .htaccess files, that is down to your FTP software settings. Ina Linux powered server, files and directories that stat with a . are hidden files/system files so if you check your FTP software you will usually see a setting for 'show hidden files'.

the-legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:07 am Reply with quote

Quote:

You have been blocked from entering this site.

You have attempted an unknown attack on this site.

All of the following information has been gathered to assist the webmaster should this need to be reported to local or federal law enforcement.

If you think this is a mistake you can contact the site webmaster at the-palace-of-friends(at)hotmail(dot)com.

Be SURE to include the following information in any email!
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16
Query String: op=BlocksAdmin
GET String: op=BlocksAdmin
POST String:
Referer: none
Request Method: GET
Remote Address: 110.22.11.62
Client IP: none
Forwarded For: none
Date Blocked: 2010-02-03 @ 15:57:44 WST GMT +0800
Block expires: Permanent

PLEASE: bear in mind that even if you have done nothing wrong, you may be getting this page due to someone's misuse of the site in your ip range
This is my iPhone accessing the site knowing I will get banned but as soon as I clear my safari on the iPhone and go in again I can access the site. I have gone through all settings it's set to permanent but it's just not doing anything. I will create another folder with ravennuke load it with a username and password and you can log in and check for yourselfs if you like. It's weird I can't get nuke sentinel to work but on my other host with a previous version of ravennuke it works

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:32 am Reply with quote

Nuke Sentinel IS working, that is evident by the fact you are seeing the 'you have been blocked' message.
The question is WHY you are seeing the message.

From the message you posted, it is clear that it is being triggered by accessing the admin area of the site and there is also some other info there that we can now work with.
Just to recap to make sure I have not missed anything;
1 this site is on a localbox, .i.e. a webserver on your PC and not a standard hosting account
2 You can access the site OK from the PC but get 'banned' when using your phone.

One of the first things you need to check is the PROXY blocker settings.
Nuke Sentinel Admin -> make sure 'Block Proxies' is 'Off' - it is off by default so unless you have changed that it should be fine.

Now lets see if NS actually knows your IP;
NS Administration -> Search Addresses -> Search IP Addresses
In the search box there, enter your IP and click OK/Submit

On my own site, the IP is listed as 'RSV' which means it is in an IP reserved range.
Lets add an exception for your IP so NS will ignore it in future;
NS Admin -> Protected Range Menu -> Add Protected Range
Add your IP in the boxes, in the drop down you could select a specific country or IANA Reserved, whatever you feel like but in the coment box, make a note that it belongs to your phone so you have a record of why you added the IP

See how you go with that Smile

the-legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:46 am Reply with quote

hello again thank you for your reply. I do know that i get the message cause i have accessed the site by going to a page i was in as an admin and it said i was banned. What I was asking is why can i still access the site if i am supose to be banned. My iphone has an ip, but i did know it changes. But when i tried to go to the admin link to test it i got the banned message, now when i closed off safari on my iphone i reopenned it went to the main page of the site and can still access it. But im supose to be bannad aint i. my ip was still the same cause i went back to the admin link got the same message that showed me my ip which is the same as the one before. I tried this when i was at work and my ip was different and got the banned message clossed off reoppened went to main page got in again, clicked admin link and got banned message and ip is still the same. So is the ip addresses not being added somewhere cause i can get in, now if i can get in after being banned then other people can aswell. Last time i used ravennuke on a different host it worked fine and not a problem. But i think something is different with this other host im using cause it just dont seem to want to work with me.lol

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:39 am Reply with quote

There are a number of ways NS can impose a permanent ban.
It can ban based on the referer string, the useragent, IP, or the POST string.

So basically, your concern is that you are getting the 'you are banned' but you can still access the site?
In that case you need to check the blocker settings;
NS Admin -> Blocker Configuration
In the list of blocker 'types' make sure they are set to have at least the word 'Block' in them.
Then in the main NA admin configuration screen;
AutoClear Blocks - should be 'Off'
Make sure your path to the .htaccess file is correct.

the-legend

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 5:21 pm Reply with quote

Can nuke sentinel find the .htaccess file if it's hidden on my host

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:44 am Reply with quote

Yes, as Guardian mentioned previously it is probably your FTP software that is preventing you from seeing files beginning with a dot.

the-legend

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 12:54 am Reply with quote

Thanks. I have gone through all settings and tried to ban myself but it is still allowing me to enter when im on a different ip address. Its like its just not recording the ip address anywhere. I have never had this problem with my other host. Will keep trying

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Feb 04, 2010 1:17 am Reply with quote

You may need to PM either myself, or Guardian admin access details and we can have a look to check everything is setup correctly.

If set to block it should be recording the IP address in the database and also the .htaccess file. Also please make sure error reporting in the config.php file is turned on.

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:59 am Reply with quote

Just to satisfy a concern I have ... Try deleting cookies and cache and see what happens when you re-access the site.

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote

It was the blocker settings, it was set to Email but not block.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic