Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
enzo

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:43 pm Reply with quote

I'm not sure if it's my theme or what, but when you go to post on the forums, the text box for your message displays only 1 line, so you can't see what you are typing...any suggestions?

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:49 am Reply with quote

try changing themes and see if it is theme related.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:58 am Reply with quote

Just checked it, it is theme related...heh now what

enzo

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:13 am Reply with quote

Another question, is it possible integrate phpbb3 into the raven site? I was reading the other posts, but they were over a year old and the links were dead.

nuken

PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:18 am Reply with quote

OK. As far as the phpbb3, it is possible. There are 2 bridges out there that I am aware of. The first is by Whitehat at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] The second if from nukekorea.net. I have tried both and they do work but I had some issues with them that I never tried to work out.

As for the theme, the only advise I can offer is to make a backup and try replacing the theme/Your_Theme/forums/posting_body.tpl with one from another theme that does work. I don't think posting_body is dependent on a theme but you may have to make a few changes in it. If that does not fix it, try replacing other theme files related to posting and see if it will work. Again, you may have to modify the file to work correctly. Make sure you do a backup so you can reverse any changes that may cause problems.

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:53 am Reply with quote

I tried doing that and it didn't exactly fix the problem. Do you guys offer paid help or should I post in the 'for hire' forum?

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:20 am Reply with quote

If you ZIP up your theme and post a link I'll look at it.

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:42 am Reply with quote

Sure thing... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:56 am Reply with quote

This has the updated theme.php ... sorry for that. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:06 am Reply with quote

I didn't realize you had a commercial theme, you should probably contact the author (clan themes) for support on that one, they are very familiar with RN. Also looks incomplete, doesn't it have a have a theme/cspromod/forums folder?

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:18 am Reply with quote

Nope, we asked just for the theme, not one for the forums. Contacted clan themes and they didn't supply the forums, so it would have to be really looked at to find out what is up with it.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:09 pm Reply with quote

ok so it's using the default forum template, which has some improvements in the upcoming release of RN. Are you using RN?

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote

ahhh, ok I gotcha. the problem I'm pretty sure is in theme/cspromod/style/style.css

textarea, select, input, input.noborder, .helpbox {
background:url("../images/inputs.jpg") repeat-x scroll 0 0 #CCCCCC;
border-color:#4E4E4E #CCCCCC #CCCCCC #4E4E4E;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
height:20px;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}

you can try removing the height:20px; although it may cause other issues.

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Yeah I'm using the most current RN right now...I took out the height 20px and it worked! Do you happen to know where the background color height is because that is displaying as 1 line now, I would like to make background the entire text box.

Also, once a post is made, the left column that shows the information of the poster etc is very narrow...do you know the code to change for that width?

Thanks much for you help.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm Reply with quote

As for the background in the textarea's, back to style.css Smile

textarea, select, input, input.noborder, .helpbox {
background:url("../images/inputs.jpg") repeat-x #CCCCCC;
border-color:#4E4E4E #CCCCCC #CCCCCC #4E4E4E;
border-style:solid;
border-width:1px;
height:20px;
margin:0;
padding:0;
}

You can just change repeat-x to repeat (or just remove it)

just for info wrote:
repeat The background image will be repeated both vertically and horizontally. This is default
repeat-x The background image will be repeated only horizontally

NOTE: The background image is a gradient, so it may look funny repeated vertically...

as for your second question, that will be in the default forum template files. there are some improvements (mostly compliance fixes) to the default forum template system in the upcoming release; so I would suggest if you can wait a few days we can alter those after you upgrade.

Noticed an issue with the read more link for news stories in theme.php (at least for me)
find
echo "$read ($counter "._READS.")<br /><br />";
replace with
echo $morelink .' (' . $counter . ' '._READS.')<br /><br />';

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote

Awesome sounds good...With the next RN upgrade it sounds like all of the first problems with posting body will be fixed too. Thanks much for the help!

enzo

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 6:54 pm Reply with quote

Oh, do you know why my login button on the home page doesn't work? I have the CAPCHA turned off (or so I think) and set the gfx code to 0.

And, is there anyway to have the 'news' (or stories) that get posted on the homepage displayed on the forums for discussions etc, like phpBB3?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic