Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
Endernoob

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:47 pm Reply with quote

I am currently using Php BB for my forums I would go to User Admin and in permissons and I would try to add some as an admin
and then in you could see the user name and the drop down menu that says admin or user well I don't see the Users name it looks something like this

and I can't add nobody as an admin what should I do
can I reintall phpbb or is it a bug problem

stephen2417
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 2:16 am Reply with quote

Do you get an error at all? Ive seen this happen in nuke but i cant seem to find the link right now.

Ill do some searching real quick.

chatserv
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2004 7:43 am Reply with quote

If you click on find username and enter the username of this person does it find it?

djw2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 8:38 am Reply with quote

Hey everybody,

I see this thread hasn't been pursued... bummer, I'm having a similar problem.

I can add an admin, other people that is, but I can't add myself as admin.

In "User Management" Site Admin shows in my profile, and I'm the moderator of both Administrators and Moderators Usergroups. The problem comes into play on the User Admin - User Permission Control panel. I'm listed as User Level: User. I change the setting to Administrator, and when I go back to the page again and I'm still a user. I have made another user an Administrator and he IS an Administrator... but I can't be for some reason.

Now in terms of discloser… I did have a database issue the other night and I had to manually restore my database and I lost some tables in the process. For instance, I got my Forums back but there were two posts on the board that I had posted and they were gone. On the forum index it still displayed 1 post and 1 reply but when you clicked into the forum there was nothing there.

When I did my database recovery thing I was able to recover the nuke_authors table, but not the nuke_users table so obviously I was in one, but not the other.

I hope this is making some kind of sense. Confused

Anyway, now I can't add myself as an Administrator of my forum, I am the Superuser of the nuke btw. It’s a 7.3 patched 2.5. I'm not sure this has anything to do with the database issue, but I'm suspicious.

Thanks

Dan

*Edit And yes I can be found in "Find Username" in both the forums and the nuke itself. Just figured I'd add that.

--Albert Einstein 
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 10:40 am Reply with quote

Dan,

Using phpMyAdmin, modify your user_level in users table to 2.

Last edited by Raven on Sat Jul 10, 2004 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total 
djw2

PostPosted: Sat Jul 10, 2004 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Hey Raven,

For some reason the guy I had made an admin in the forum was able to make me an admin. I couldn't do it... but he could, so now I am. Very Happy

I checked the user table and the user level is 2 now so all is good I guess *shrug*, I'm not sure it matters how we get there as long as we do.

Peace!

Dan

Last edited by djw2 on Sat Jul 10, 2004 2:00 pm; edited 1 time in total 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic