Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> eCommerce
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:55 pm Reply with quote

We still plans for this. But for now we have placed this project on hold as we address more immediate issues for our upcoming v2.40.00 release.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 3:13 pm Reply with quote

Sadly, it wasn't feasible for RN 2.4. We will have to regroup once 2.4 is out the door and see if something of this nature can be developed for a future release.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote

Thank you.

Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:18 am Reply with quote

So is this totally dead in the water then. I was hoping for a raven nuke cms for my site. Can any others be adapted for the use with raven nuke, or do they all have to be run seperate with seperate logins etc

Cheers Kenno

kenno

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 2:20 am Reply with quote

Just realised, I found that thread after a search, then looked in the ecommerce forum and found a few up to date threads on aliencart tm Rolling Eyes

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote

There is no reason to develop anything else as Alien73 has assured us that AlienCart is being built to be compatible, out of the box, for RavenNuke(tm)

jlajax
Ardent RavenCMS Supporter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:42 pm Reply with quote

alien73 wrote:
I understand completely just looking out for the popularity of Raven.. More users mean more support, more donations, more money to keep Raven up and running, Maybe even a CMS award "It will happen". Over 80% of households have computers and tons of people are looking for a complete solution. Eccomerce is the first on the list for many.

I so agree with this. RN is so user friendly and the other systems I have looked at are not. I am in here reading now trying to figure out how to get osCommerce to integrate into RN or get it to work for me like it should. I am thinking you braniacs can come up with something to integrate the two as an option. Also getting NukeSentinel security as part of the e commerce package seems to me to be a MAJOR plus. I have spent a lot of time recently reading about security issues and I am thinking this system is ready made for problems in other systems. I acknowledge admit and verify it is beyond my skill level at this point.

RavensScripts

jlajax

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:55 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
alien73 wrote:
They might not write a check or Paypal a payment, but at the bottom of every page it should say something about "RAVEN" with a link.

It's the money that keeps Raven's servers running and you may or may not have noticed that many people remove those links at the bottom of the pages.

Hard code them. I have never removed the RN links from any portal I have up. I also have been making donations over the years as I put them up.

I simply wish I was putting up more faster is all.

While I understand some folks will know how to circumvent hard coding. Most folks will not have a clue. I know day one I installed my first portal I didn't even know how to log in. I am a little over two years into it now and while I have learned much I have barely scratched the surface. I again suggest an e-commerce option for RN is a fantastic idea that has merit. I also have absolutely no objections to the RN links in the portals I have built.

RavensScripts

myrtletrees
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:08 am Reply with quote

Is this project still in the works?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

The site is still down.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:07 pm Reply with quote

He canceled the hosting and the site on 10/26.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> eCommerce

View next topic
View previous topic