Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote

Found another issue with my editor after my host upgraded their php ver.

I was trying to upload a new image and when I hit the upload button it just quickly refreshes the screen clearing out the file I have chosen to upload.

When looking for the file I just tried to upload it isn't there.

So...sense I was having trouble with the editor after they updated the php ver. I can only think that there is still a config option that they need to change to allow this.

Can anyone provide what needs to be active in PHP for the editor to upload files so I can pass it on to my host?

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:02 am Reply with quote

Have you turned on error reporting and checked you permissions in the uploads directory? I know probably have, but it never hurts to be sure.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:19 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Have you turned on error reporting and checked you permissions in the uploads directory? I know probably have, but it never hurts to be sure.

Yep, Perms are set at 755 and nothing showing in logs

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:20 am Reply with quote

If you change the permissions to 777 it still will not upload?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
If you change the permissions to 777 it still will not upload?

If its set to 777 it will upload, but I thought perms 775 was the setting it should be at?

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote

I'm sure someone on here can answer this better than I can, but I have had some hosts that will only upload under 777 and some that will work with 755. I have no idea why.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote

You need make the permissions as restrictive as possible, so the lower the numbers the better, but it really is host dependent as you have found. Unfortunately sometimes it is a bit trial error. Sad

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:14 am Reply with quote

Well they have always work with it set to 755 until they upgraded the php ver. So I will send a support ticket and see if they can set it back for that. Wink

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:51 am Reply with quote

Here is what my host had to say:
Host Message wrote:

Rick,

This is not a factor on the server. I have double checked this and 755 for folders and 644 for files is still what they should be. Nothing has changed in terms of that.

So..I don't know again what else would have changed other then their update. Evil or Very Mad

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote

If your host was using Suexec - that likes folders to be 755 and usually throws a fit if the are higher but I wouldn't worry over it too much to be honest. I have a load of folders CHMODed to 777 because I'm too lazy to see if a lower value will still allow script access, never had a problem.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:50 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
If your host was using Suexec - that likes folders to be 755 and usually throws a fit if the are higher but I wouldn't worry over it too much to be honest. I have a load of folders CHMODed to 777 because I'm too lazy to see if a lower value will still allow script access, never had a problem.

Laughing Ok, Thanks Guardian

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote

You might also read up on suExec here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . 755 and 644 should always work if using suExec.

Your host decides whether or not to set it up for a 500 Internal Error or not if the perm's are set any higher. Guardian, if your host changes his configuration, you will know right away Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic