Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:41 pm Reply with quote

Are you seeing anything in your error log?

rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 2:09 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Are you seeing anything in your error log?

Thats why I haven't been able to trace it back to anything. Which is how I figure out allot of issues on my own.

Its not giving any errors in the cpanel log or the errorlog file.

Wish I didn't get into this stuff so late in age. I would have taken some schooling for this. As much of a pain as this is right now, I'm having fun trying to solve the puzzle Smile Just wish it wasn't affecting my live site to.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:25 pm Reply with quote

@ kguske - mmm, wonder if this might be the host forbidding XMLhttprequest ?? Maybe a mod_sec ruling which therefore might not show up on the cPanel error log ??

rickleigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:48 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
@ kguske - mmm, wonder if this might be the host forbidding XMLhttprequest ?? Maybe a mod_sec ruling which therefore might not show up on the cPanel error log ??

To keep you in the loop. I passed this idea to the host. Waiting for reply.

Thanks Guardian for your input Wink Fingers crossed Exclamation

rickleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote

Host Message wrote:

Hello Rick,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We have tweaked the service configuration settings and now sites are loading fine. Please clear your brwser cache and try accessing sites from your end and let us know if you are still experiencing any issues.

After the server came back on line. My Editor is now working as it should Very Happy

I just knew it had to be a setting they changed after the php update on the server. Evil or Very Mad

Thank you so very much for helping guys. I know you are really busy and it means allot that you still spent the time to give me a hand. Wink

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Sure wish I knew what they had to "tweak"! I hate it when they do that (but I understand why they don't divulge some of that stuff).

rickleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Sure wish I knew what they had to "tweak"! I hate it when they do that (but I understand why they don't divulge some of that stuff).

I'm guessing its what Guardian suggested. As soon as I sent that info to them they had the servers shut down and up within 10mins and I was able to use the editor. Where was Guardian three days ago with this info. Rolling Eyes J/K Wink

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote

Guardian is just plain unreliable these days. He moves all over Europe about once a year. Frankly, I'm beginning to think he works for MI6 killing me

Raven

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Rick, would you please ask your support guys what they changed? This would be very important to us and possibly others as we continue the PHP Trek Wink

Thanks!

rickleigh

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:31 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Rick, would you please ask your support guys what they changed? This would be very important to us and possibly others as we continue the PHP Trek Wink

Thanks!

Sure, I'll see if I can get anything out of them Twisted Evil

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:31 am Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick. I also need to restore the change I made...

rickleigh

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Thanks, Rick. I also need to restore the change I made...

I already fixed it by re-uploading the config file from the RN installation and it is working.

If there was other edits in different files let me know.

Thanks again for all the help.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:01 am Reply with quote

No other edits.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:

Thanks!

Here is what my host said they did to fix this issue:
Host Response wrote:

Hello,

I have corrected by reinstalling the libraries which has fixed the Editor issues.

Hope this is helpful

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:18 pm Reply with quote

Unfortunately, no Sad. I/We need to know specifically what libraries/changes were done. Please try to get them to tell you. Thanks!

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 11:29 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Unfortunately, no Sad. I/We need to know specifically what libraries/changes were done. Please try to get them to tell you. Thanks!

Waiting for reply from host Wink

rickleigh

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:53 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Guys, dosen't look like I'm going to be much of help on this.

Here is my host response:
Host Response wrote:

Hello Rick,

Its sam here. I have read your query. I am very sorry to say that I am not able to help you more on this. Actually I am not sure and I am not remembering the exact libraries that had been changed while fixing this issue. Actually I was using cpanel's script for fixing this issue. and I havent noted down the changes made by the script and which all libraries affected by the script.

I am really sorry for not being helpful more than this. Thank you for your cooperation.

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:19 pm Reply with quote

Can you ask him what cpanel script? I have access to all their scripts. Thanks!

xGSTQ
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 4:53 am Reply with quote

One of my clients is having this exact same problem, going to look into it a bit more... baffling me

When I open the fckeditor and browse the server i get a 403 forbidden... fresh install as well, so i guess it is php version related

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:13 am Reply with quote

As far as I know, the problem seems to relate to XMLhttprequest.
I believe PHP version 5.1.2 had an issue with this but was later corrected by PHP as a bug fix so I don't think PHP version is a problem as the fix would have been included by the likes of cPanel etc as part of their automatic updates which a host would normally perform.

Although it has not been confirmed by the other poster, I still suspect either the server is not allowing XMLhttprequest or more likely, some over zealous Apache mod_security rule. If you have access to your Apache logs, it would be worth looking at the mod_security log to see if you can see your IP address. If nothing else, it will help narrow it down.

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote

I had the same problem until I removed an entry in .htaccess .. now I don't remember which one but I can test it again on a test domain but definitely was htaccess related.

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote

Ok, well this was easy - to find the problem in my htaccess. After commenting out the following:

Code:
# Stop Scripts Beforehand

# RewriteEngine On
# RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} .*http:\/\/.* [OR]
#  RewriteCond %{THE_REQUEST} .*http%3A%2F%2F.*
#  Rewriterule ^.* - [F]

I was able to "browse server". This may not be the exact entry in YOUR htaccess but may give a clue or two, who knows.

Cheers

montego

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:56 am Reply with quote

dad7732, ah, yes, I recognize those statements! Those were suggested many moons ago in order to stop several key hack attempts in the old nuke code. These have long since been patched in RavenNuke(tm).

dad7732

PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:12 am Reply with quote

I save all of my hacks and fixes for years now and I found that one quite easily in my archives. I eliminated that one a long time ago and have been able to "browse server" ever since, no problem. The error message is deceiving nonetheless thereby chasing a problem that doesn't exist.

Cheers

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:19 am Reply with quote

I see -->Solved in the subject line but what's the solution, don't see it posted .. am I missing something?

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic