Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote

On my live and testing site I started getting the following error out of the blue when trying to browes the server for files.
Quote:

The server didn't send back a proper XML response. Please contact your system administrator.
XML request error:OK(200)
Requested URL: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

No files have been change on Live Dir. and some edits in Forums Dir. on testing side which shouldn't have affected the FCKeditor.

I am running RN2.3 and testing 2.4 and haven't had issue before. I have a ticket in my hosting provider to make sure nothing has changed on their end.

Any ideas what maybe causeing this? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by rickleigh on Fri Oct 16, 2009 6:46 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:42 pm Reply with quote

Hmmm. When I try that command on my test site I see this:

Code:
<Connector>

<Error number="1" text="This connector is disabled. Please check the "editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php" file"/>
</Connector>

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Hmmm. When I try that command on my test site I see this:

Code:
<Connector>

<Error number="1" text="This connector is disabled. Please check the "editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php" file"/>
</Connector>

Raven,

Thanks for the reply.... Is this caused from my host or maybe a hack on my site that changed a config file for this?

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:34 pm Reply with quote

I doubt it's a hack. I'm not sure if it's meant to be directly accessed. I'll alert KGuske to see if he has any thoughts on it.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:50 pm Reply with quote

Are you logged on as a site administrator?

This was implemented to prevent unauthorized users from uploading files.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Are you logged on as a site administrator?

This was implemented to prevent unauthorized users from uploading files.

Yes, I am using the News Link on the admin page to get to the editor.

Only thing I can think that would be an issue is that I have have changed the admin password awhile back. I have cleared my cookies and cach to. Would this be something to due with it?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

Could be. Log out and back in as an admin.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:06 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Could be. Log out and back in as an admin.

Logged out and cleared cookies/cach again and still have no luck with this issue. Confused

I'm not very good at testing as I don't no how to do so. Is there any steps or a file that can give me more detail on what is happening? Like a script or command?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote

Ok, Update from host provider. They replied and said that within the last week or so they upgraded the PHP Ver. on thier servers. Is there a setting or conflict that may need fixed with the new ver.?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:45 pm Reply with quote

What is the version of PHP?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:46 pm Reply with quote

Have you uploaded anything through the editor before or has it never worked for you?
If you have uploaded files, look to see if the last one uploaded has weird characters in the name.

Also, if you have the uploads directory set to 777, try to change it to 755 and all the folders inside the uploads directory.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:16 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
What is the version of PHP?

PHP Version 5.2.11

nuken wrote:
Have you uploaded anything through the editor before or has it never worked for you?
If you have uploaded files, look to see if the last one uploaded has weird characters in the name.

Also, if you have the uploads directory set to 777, try to change it to 755 and all the folders inside the uploads directory.

Yes, It has worked in the past and I have uploaded files. I will look for odd characters in the files uploaded. The files are and have been 755.

Thanks for the help guys and I will keep you posted.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:29 pm Reply with quote

Update:

I deleted all files in my upload Dir on my test site. Still get the same error.

Keep in mind that this is happening on my live and test site which seems more like a global issue.

Last edited by rickleigh on Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total 
rickleigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:53 am Reply with quote

Update:

I tested the idea that it might be that I changed my PW and maybe conflicting with the scripted seeing that I am an Admin. So I changed the PW back to what it was to see if this worked or not and it didn't. Mad

So I can only think at this point since the only thing that has changed since the last time I used the editor is that my host upgraded the PHP ver. and its causing a conflict with the script.

Can anyone test this? Kind of an issue with this being a highly used feature on the nuke CMS Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:10 am Reply with quote

The PHP version upgrade shouldn't be a problem, unless there were some changes to the configuration / settings. No one else has reported similar problems, so it seems that the best approach might be to look at it on your server. Normally, I'd ask you to PM FTP and Nuke admin info, but I'm swamped for the next few days...anyone else got time for this?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:49 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
The PHP version upgrade shouldn't be a problem, unless there were some changes to the configuration / settings. No one else has reported similar problems, so it seems that the best approach might be to look at it on your server. Normally, I'd ask you to PM FTP and Nuke admin info, but I'm swamped for the next few days...anyone else got time for this?

Just to keep you guys in the loop on this issue here is the last reply from my host support:
Host wrote:

Rick,

The php upgrade was made to 5.2.11. Aside from that no changes were made anywhere else on the server. No mod security rules, no php configuration changes, just the php upgrade and since I am not a coder I cannot be sure if that effect anything cod wise. So I cannot see anything that can be done on this end to resolve the error at this time.
Please let us know if you have any questions or require further assistance.

Would it be wise to re-upload the FCKeditor folder in the includes Dir. ? I'm really stumped Confused Only thing I can think to do now for testing is install another RN in another Dir. and see if it functions right Rolling Eyes

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:20 pm Reply with quote

It shouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure it will help, either.

You could also use the include/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php with the one from a 2.3 distribution. That would provide additional details about where the problem is (i.e. if it's related to the admin verification changes we made)

rickleigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:57 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
It shouldn't hurt, but I'm not sure it will help, either.

You could also use the include/fckeditor/editor/filemanager/connectors/php/config.php with the one from a 2.3 distribution. That would provide additional details about where the problem is (i.e. if it's related to the admin verification changes we made)

I uploaded the 2.3.2 config.php file to my test site and now it is giving me a differnt error.
Error Message wrote:

The "GetFolderAndFiles"command isn't allowed.

Does this tell you anything? Because all its telling the noob Arrow ME that my site editor isn't working. Laughing Laughing Wink

rickleigh

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:03 pm Reply with quote

*Bump*

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:17 pm Reply with quote

OK, OK. Please send a PM with FTP and admin access info.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:45 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
OK, OK. Please send a PM with FTP and admin access info.

PM sent

Thank you very much for helping.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:56 am Reply with quote

I took a look and the scripts appear to be correct (not surprising). So I made a little change to the fckeditor config. I don't expect it to resolve the problem, but it should provide more useful info. Can you retest?

rickleigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:14 am Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
I took a look and the scripts appear to be correct (not surprising). So I made a little change to the fckeditor config. I don't expect it to resolve the problem, but it should provide more useful info. Can you retest?

My Host seems to think that my.htaccess file maybe the issue with my site loading slow and even this issue with the editor. Can you look it over and see if something has entered it that shouldn't be there.

Host Message wrote:

Hello Rick,
I had a check with this. The server is now running fine and showing good performances. Had a try with removing your .htaccess file and could monitor better performance shown by "yourhobbycommunity.com". I strongly suspect this to be an issue with the complex htaccess file, as we haven't received any other complaints from customers regarding the php version. Could you please check your .htaccess file once more and try some performance turning with the help of your script writer?. It seems like removing some of the unwanted codes from .htaccess will fix the issue.

Thanks

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 10:49 am Reply with quote

Was the editor issue resolved by removing / renaming the htaccess file? If so, we can try to track down the issue in htaccess

rickleigh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:03 pm Reply with quote

kguske wrote:
Was the editor issue resolved by removing / renaming the htaccess file? If so, we can try to track down the issue in htaccess

My site would not load with out the htaccess file so what I did was take a new htaccess from the RN installation folder and replaced it. That way it only had the default edits in it.

This only helped my page loading a bit. But didn't fix the editor problem. I don't know what to do now. I really feel bad about using up yours or anyone elses time with this. If I had some play money (XMAS TIME) I would donate some to you for the help getting this fixed.

I still can only think that the PHP upgrade on the server is conflicting some how. Thats the only major thing that has happened. I can see if it wasn't working on my testsite as I have been adding only forum hacks/mods, but nothing on the main/live dir.

I really don't want to wipe my site out only to find that the issue isn't fixed because of something my host has changed and not be aware of it. Plus, they claim that I am the only one having issues with the PHP upgrade Confused

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic