Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
autonami
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:20 pm Reply with quote

i have installed Sentinel 2.6.01

the main issue is setting up CGIauth.

ive followed the instructions twice and i get same results.
i think the main problem is i cant click the 'HTTP auth' link in the menu. it shows but its not a link, just text. i assume it works b/c when i go to log in to admin, i get the user and pass pop up. i cant log in of course b/c admin hasnt been set up yet.

and in the few instructions i have read, i should be clicking 'scan for new admin' or somethin like that. i cant find this option anywhere.
i am gettin so confused from all the stuff ive read and need to post for some direct help.

another problem, not a very big deal, is the control panel is all out of wack when layout wise. it puts all the control panel links under the left blocks and they are not in a block just over the site background and then all the option are in the box at the very bottom. this isnt a big concern just a little frustrating.

last problem is i get these 2 errors in s pop up box while navigating from page to page.
overLIB 4.10 is required for the HideForm Plugin.
overLIB 4.10 is required for the Center Popup Plugin.

thanks guys.

-james

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote

Is the site on your local PC or on your server? If it's on your server then it sounds like you may not have FTPd all the files in BINARY mode. If that is the case then you need to re-FTP all the files in BINARY mode.

autonami

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:34 pm Reply with quote

all files in all folders?

Raven

PostPosted: Sat Jul 25, 2009 11:18 pm Reply with quote

Yes. This instruction is in the How To Install instructions Smile

autonami

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote

i think i did ftp in binary. but i did it again anyway just to check, and nothin changed.

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 am Reply with quote

I have Sentinel 2.5.13 and it has worked without problems for soon two years. However, when I 1 hour ago tried to administer Sentinel I got a pop up with the message OverLib 4.10 or later is required for the HideForm plugin. I got pretty upset. But after emptying the cache or tempory files in the browser this pop up vanished completely. Initially I thought that hackers had changed the files.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:44 am Reply with quote

You need to update to the latest 2.6.03. The reasons we have later releases is due to finding bugs in logic, adding better protection, etc. Also, keep in mind that NS and/or any other security mechanism is not a fail safe in and of itself. All it takes is a vulnerability in an addon, especially one that allows uploads, and your site can be erased in a moment. When it comes to any security tool one should always be up to date Smile

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 5:34 pm Reply with quote

Raven, where can we direct folks to get 2.6.03? I tried to find it on Bob's site and RPS and it is not there.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:28 pm Reply with quote

I think .02 and .03 where only released with RN.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Raven

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote

Palbin is correct.

omega13a

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:29 pm Reply with quote

Any way word when we can get it separate because my website is to heavily modified and integrated with other things for me to switch to RavenNuke?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

For right now just grab the files/folders that you need from the RN 2.4 distribution that apply to NukeSentinel(tm).

Palbin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:47 pm Reply with quote

You can't do that. As the files in RN distro have the CSRF functions added to them. A simply way to take care of that is just make two empty functions for the ones that will be undefined.

omega13a

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Palbin wrote:
You can't do that. As the files in RN distro have the CSRF functions added to them. A simply way to take care of that is just make two empty functions for the ones that will be undefined.

I discovered that the hard way... Embarassed Though I solved it by uploading that file to my website and making sure that file is included in mainfile.php.

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:14 pm Reply with quote

@omega13a: Sorry about that - I forgot that that was added to NukeSentinel(tm).

@Palbin: We need to either remove the call(s) from NukeSentinel(tm) or make CSRF a part of the default NS. NukeSentinel(tm) has to remain a stand alone application.

omega13a

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm Reply with quote

If I understand what CSRF is, I think it should be made part of NukeSentinel. Or some kind of "plug-in" where all you have to do upload that extra file. Shouldn't be to hard to do that.

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 5:23 am Reply with quote

@Raven, I think all we need to do is include the CSRF file (can't remember exact name) and include it with the core edits as omega13a has done.

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:08 pm Reply with quote

Then that works for me Smile. I'll try to get a stand alone package out this weekend. I want to update the IP2C also. But with the v2.40.00 Gold Wink due out by Monday I might be a bit ambitious in my goals
speedtype

Unit1
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 7:41 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
Then that works for me Smile. I'll try to get a stand alone package out this weekend. I want to update the IP2C also. But with the v2.40.00 Gold Wink due out by Monday I might be a bit ambitious in my goals
speedtype
Set achievable mini goals to accomplish ambitious goals and let your inspirations lead you! RavensScripts

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote

worship Unit1, How very true. Thanks for the reminder Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic