Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke
kepenek

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 5:55 pm Reply with quote

Actually I have installed phpnuke 7.1and 7.2 on remote linux server with [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
They are running perfectly. But on my local machine ,I was using Abria Merlin 's free application server(Apache+PHP+Mysql..) on my Windows 2000 Server and Professional for testing purposes. I have use nuke7.1 and 7.2 sometimes. Later on I have uninstalled AbriaMerlin because the revisions of components are quite old. I have installed apache2triad which has newest version of components. Installation seems ok. Apache,Mysql seems ok. I have installed phpnuke 7.3 in htdocs , i have created db, make config.php settings , after creating admin account ,tried to login, but came the login window again withot any error. I tried again , it goes in loop.
I have installed nuke7.2 ,was the same. I have install same nukes on remote server , they are working.
I have searched the forums for admin loop , until now i can not find any solution.
BTW i have installed new XP with apache2 triad without success. I have tried another solutions like Foxserv , phptriad , appserv witout suceess neither.
I have checked the php.ini settings for cookie session , it is working. Also checked the nuke_authors and see the admin account there.

I will be very appreciated if someone find an answer for this problem.

Thanks in advance,

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:09 pm Reply with quote

The admin loop problem is usually related to IIS servers and not Apache. If you are running IIS, you will need to do this.
In modules/Your_Account/index.php
Code:
replace: Header("Location: modules.php 

with: Header("Refresh: 0;url=modules.php

You can also try clearing your cache and delting your cookies.

kepenek

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:22 am Reply with quote

When you install apache2triad on XP ,it activates apache2 ,php and mysql . After installing it ,I can use apache and phpmyadmin under apache2/htdocs/phpmyadmin.
so do i still need to change that code on index.php .I have trouble with admin.php ,when i enter nickname and password and (if gfx-chk=7) sec code , it loops.

But in remote (apache server) no problem with same codes. Two possibility could be a problem. One is nuke settings other server settings. The most possible one is server settings. because of that i tried other appservers. Some people are saying without touching anything ,they could work with phpnuke. So i decided to use it on w2k pro ,after tried that with apache2 ,i got same result(no success).

I checked the cookies, tried the mozilla 1.7 and ie6 with no success.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 9:38 am Reply with quote

I understand, but if IIS is activated it could be causing a problem. Are you certain that IIS is not running?

sharlein
Member Emeritus

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:11 pm Reply with quote

Just as an outside chance, are you running zonealarm?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security - PHP Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic