Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB
acid_rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote

i bought [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and i didnt purchase a separate webspace with it, im using my other website to store the entire d3 website, so i parked the domain and forwarded [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] requests to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . I've got ravennuke set up as the CMS, and the forums are set up great but when users register they have to activate their account. This isn't the problem. The problem is that when they click the link, it's trying to take them to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ... erblahblah which cannot happen since the link is actually [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .. get me? So instead of the user being able to register themselves, it kicks them back to the main page which is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] How do I change this so the registration completes?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:33 am Reply with quote

In your site preferences what is your "Site URL" set to? It should be [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
acid_rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:26 pm Reply with quote

It isn't set that way, I know for sure. Won't this also change the phpbb name as well?

acid_rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:36 pm Reply with quote

So, just an update. I set it to diablo3.electricimpulse.net, and deleted the old user account, and had them re-register. It's still sending them an activation link with [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as the base URL. I don't know if there's a cache purge for phpbb 2.x versions... or if that would even help.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:12 pm Reply with quote

Forwarded domains generally don't work well, esp with the cookies. You are better off getting your domain's nameserver to point directly to the host

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
acid_rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote

the problem was fixed by going to the original ravennuke configuration page, and changing the website host from d3-nation.com to the original base address. In this case it was [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] ,not the parked domain.

Last edited by acid_rain on Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
sexycoder
Spammer and overall low life

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote

incorrect
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Correct Dont add comma otherwise when I click on the link I get a blank page.

It is working good. Edit your post please Wink

acid_rain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:28 pm Reply with quote

Edited, sorry about that.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> PHPBB

View next topic
View previous topic