Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
aeonicstorm
Client

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 2:53 pm Reply with quote

I want a song to play soon as they goto the homepage of the site, I let my tech department know about this project and i'm letting the community here know if you guys know how to do it.

This community has always been helpful and I appreciate you.

-Jon

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 4:06 am Reply with quote

One way is code that embeds the Windows Media Player or Quicktime. Another would be to use Flash

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
aeonicstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 5:11 am Reply with quote

Well I have a code I could use for HTML, just throw that HTML in one of the blocks (like I did the WAR Database on the homepage of [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

But when it says "Yoursong.midi" I don't know how to, how you say - connect things?

I tried uploading the mp3 song in file manager and then putting the name.mp3 into where it says "yoursong.midi" but it never works.

Hmmm

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 1:10 am Reply with quote

I don't believe you can play mp3 files in the same way you play midi files, not by using just a simple bit of HTML.

This has been discussed before, see this post: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2008 6:49 pm Reply with quote

wimpy player is pretty easy and has a nuke block available (uses flash) [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pureliving
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

Is there anything other than wimpyplayer that could be used for music, that is compatible with raven nuke?

aeonicstorm

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 3:30 pm Reply with quote

Awesome spasticdonkey, even though we already passed up that project here at EG we just now happen to be developing our second website so maybe we'll use the prospects of music.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:05 pm Reply with quote

What kind of music do you want to add? Like a song when you go to the site or a block that the user can click on to play from a playlist or something totally different?

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote

pureliving wrote:
Is there anything other than wimpyplayer that could be used for music, that is compatible with raven nuke?

its compatible with raven ,
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pureliving

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 pm Reply with quote

I'm not going to lie, but i actually haven't any budget at the moment to afford that module, so was looking for something more on a GPL basis.

Basically though i was looking for something like topMusic, that would entail details of the artists, like enhanced profiles but of selected musicians, with the ability for admin to upload artists mp3, gp3, etc tracks, so the user may listen to all the track but not download it. In the sense of a full admin and module feature, all about artists and music, like topMusic.

Are there any programs similar, or even better than topMusic, or do you have any idea where i can locate a working copy of topMusic, that will work with raven nuke?

It would really be appreciated for your advice.

xx Bless xx

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:53 pm Reply with quote

never tried it but they have a free version [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

download [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pureliving

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 2:35 pm Reply with quote

Right i have tried installing Top Music 3.0.7, of which i found upon sourceforge, i changed all function to include admin define, and module define statements for security; i have added $db-> where occurrences of sql_query, etc are required to be inserted, but now the module seems to be half working.

I have had someone look into this, more advanced than myself, and they now state:

Quote:

The problem is that the scripts are attempting to set header data after starting to send actual data to the client.

Whilst installing database tables, using /modules/topMusic/install/topmusic_install.php, i received the following error:

Quote:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*********/public_html/modules/topMusic/install/topmusic_install.php:3) in /home/**********/public_html/modules/Your_Account/includes/mainfileend.php on line 88

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/*********/public_html/modules/topMusic/install/topmusic_install.php:3) in /home/*********/public_html/modules/Your_Account/includes/mainfileend.php on line 89

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/**********/public_html/modules/topMusic/install/topmusic_install.php:3) in /home/a*********/public_html/modules/Your_Account/includes/mainfileend.php on line 90

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/**********/public_html/modules/topMusic/install/topmusic_install.php:3) in /home/***********/public_html/modules/Your_Account/includes/mainfileend.php on line 91

For some reason there is also no image for the module in my administration, but there also does not seems to be any topMusic for me to activate/deactivate etc, under modules either.

Whereas if i type in my browser, /modules.php?name=topMusic, the module seems to show, although the tables seem slightly misplaced, in the sense it looks as if it works, but you can tell there is something wrong, of which is what i can not quite figure out.
I have also tried doing the same modifications to a earlier version, but found that the admin would work, but the module would not, and with this 3.0.7 version, it seems the module works but admin doesn't.

Would you have any advice as what could be causing this module to not work properly, or if there is anything i can do to solve this?
It would highly be appreciated.

xx Bless xx

nuken

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote

I just installed version 3 of the topMusic with no modifications and did not have any errors and it loads fine. The only thing I had to do was click settings in the topMusic admin and change to root directory. The module has the admin image for me. Are you using shortlinks? Also, you may want to reload it and try again.

pureliving

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote

I don't wish to sound cheeky, but where did you get your copy of topmusic from, as i have got mine from sourceforge, but still after removing and reinstalling, the program does not seem to be working properly?

nuken

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pureliving

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 2:01 pm Reply with quote

OK i have uninstalled and installed the one you display above, and although the admin image and settings section shows, when i click modules to be able to activate it there is no module leading to the topMusic, or under the modules block site link navigation, there is no link either for admin purposes or active modules.

Do you or have you had any errors like these?

nuken

PostPosted: Fri May 22, 2009 3:22 pm Reply with quote

If you want to see it, it's on my test site [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Here is what my admin for it looks like

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote

What RN version are you using, as i am using 2.3?
Also the php nuke root under the topMusic module i have set as: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] would this be correct, as i still can not figure out why the module will not show under modules administration, or as a link for either admin or user in the site navigation block.

Sorry for keep asking but i really wish for this to work, of which seems strange how yours works but mine does not.

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:18 am Reply with quote

Just to warn you playing music Automatically on viewing of a website is a big NO NO in terms of proper web design. 90% of all users find it very annoying and quickly get frustrated with it and their attendance will decline. Now having the ability to play music but OFF by default is fine.

Your call but just thought I'd share some of the research facts with you.

nuken

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:34 am Reply with quote

I'm using 2.30.01. And I have my phpnuke root set to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 11:46 am Reply with quote

Post moved to 'Modules' from RN Feedback.

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote

Duck, what module compatible with raven nuke would you recommend for me to provide the ability for users to insert there music, and credentials, so other users may be able to look through categories or by artist, etc, and press play at own will when desired, but no ability to download.

It would really be appreciated for your advice on this one, as so far in several years of research i can not come up with a result i am satisfied with, such as the above description.

duck

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote

Been awhile since I played with Nuke modules for this feature but typically the easiest type of module to avoid users being able to download the music is usually built in flash but to warn you it is IMPOSSIBLE to stop users who know what they are doing from being able to download the music. There exists no way to fully secure the music and it is actually quite easy to steal it. All you can do is make it less obvious for the noobs on how to download it. That said there are several mp3 players you could check out from here phpnuke-downloads (not a very popular site amongst the community) so I won't actually link it but it's not hard to find and does have many links here already.

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 5:27 pm Reply with quote

Well thank you all for your advice, it is much appreciated.
Maybe i've just got to work harder. speedtype

pureliving

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote

One more thing, since i installed topMusic, although there in no link under module administration, and no link showing under the block for active, inactive and invisible modules, at the bottom of my admin where the found/using/consider shortlinks are, the following seems to appear:

Quote:

[ShortLinks_TapLinks] = Found Links For Module: topMusic
[ShortLinks_TapLinks] = Found Links For Module: exf1
[ShortLinks_TapLinks] = Found Links For Module: input
[ShortLinks_TapLinks] = Found Links For Module: output
and
[ShortLinks_UnShortenedLinks] = Consider creating GT/GTB File(s) :: ShortLinks/GT-topMusic.php
[ShortLinks_UnShortenedLinks] = Consider creating GT/GTB File(s) :: ShortLinks/GT-exf1.php
[ShortLinks_UnShortenedLinks] = Consider creating GT/GTB File(s) :: ShortLinks/GT-input.php
[ShortLinks_UnShortenedLinks] = Consider creating GT/GTB File(s) :: ShortLinks/GT-output.php

I don't understand why the last three are there, or for what module, as they just seem to have appeared at the end every time for the last couple of weeks now, is this normal?

As for the topMusic it does appear that shortlinks is picking the module up, but i do not seems to be able to activate it under modules admin, for there's no module showing to activate, although the image and config is in admin, and if i were to go to the direct link to the module, i.e. /modules.php?name=topMusic, it is there; but obviously without the security of permissions.

Am i missing something here nuken, did all you do is upload files and install database tables, and set the nuke root url?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic