Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports
blith
Client

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:09 am Reply with quote

Code:
www.xxx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=578

I thought getit was a valid command in the downloads fetch? It is being blocked as a abuse by Agent GetRight/5.1

Thanks...

Last edited by blith on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 7:20 am Reply with quote

Are you sure that the Agent for that block wasn't GetRight?

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:32 am Reply with quote

Yes "blocked as a abuse by Agent GetRight/5.1 " I just thought the getit might have caused some confusion... so it is a valid block?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:34 am Reply with quote

That Agent is a Harvester in your Harvester block. It is valid.

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:36 am Reply with quote

Why would it have a username on my site then instead of anonymous? How would a user have a harvester? I am not doubting you by the way I just don't know how it works... Smile

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:41 am Reply with quote

I can't answer that off the top of my head. Is the user a valid user? If so, contact him and ask if he uses a proxy? Maybe GetRight offere a proxy service? Please post the top area of the email, masking your domain if desired. Be sure to include the Query String.

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:53 am Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
I can't answer that off the top of my head. Is the user a valid user? If so, contact him and ask if he uses a proxy? Maybe GetRight offere a proxy service? Please post the top area of the email, masking your domain if desired. Be sure to include the Query String.

I have emailed him and I am awaiting the answer. He is a valid user that is why I thought the getit part of the query string
Code:
www.xxx.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=getit&lid=578
might have caused this. I unforunately cannot find the email... I will post it if I can locate it...

Last edited by blith on Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total 
blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 8:55 am Reply with quote

Here is the body of the email...
User ID: AshlanderRand (20173)
Reason: Abuse - AGENT
--------------------
User Agent: GetRight/5.1
Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: 203.134.47.160
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 210.50.30.20
Remote Port: 1471
Request Method: GET

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:07 am Reply with quote

Using that query string, try it in your browser. If you get banned then you'll have to use phpMyAdmin to remove your IP from the banned table. If not, then contact that user and ask them what browser thay are using. Either the browser or the proxy (if that was used) had to have sent that Agent String. If you want that Agent accepted, just remove it from the Sentinel(tm) harvester block.

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:17 am Reply with quote

Okay I tried the string and did not get banned... now for the rest of your post I am confused. I do not want to allow GetRight as it is a harvester but I was wondering if there might be a false positive in there somewhere... are we sure that it did not have anything to do with the words getit in the string? Once again I know nothing of the inner workings of Sentinel Smile I am happy to have it, I am one of those users of a product that have no idea how it works we just know it does!

I have another one from a valid user also

User: Getharitan
Agent: GetRight/5.0
Abuse Blocked on: 2004-06-07 11:45:37
Notes: Added by Sentinelâ„¢
Reason: Abuse - AGENT

Query String: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
Forwarded For: none
Client IP: none
Remote Address: 172.201.7.52
Remote Port: 1979
Request Method: GET

It seems the common factor in both these bans is that the word "get" appears in them somewhere... one in the string and one in the uname... interesting

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:24 am Reply with quote

No, there is no false positive. The Agent signifies the reason it got banned. Otherwise, if it were the word "get", you and everyone else would be getting banned. Now, if GetRight is both a valid Agent and a Harvester, then you will have to make a choice Smile - Web Master control Twisted Evil

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:29 am Reply with quote

Oka, thanks Raven! As always you are extremely helpful and patient with the lesser experienced...

blith

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:29 am Reply with quote

On the topic of GetRight... I have users that use it because it is a good download manager. Now for the question... I have the fetch it mod like here on this site and I am wondering if I could safely remove GetRight from the harvester list if I have the fetch it module that prevents automagically downloading all my files?

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 7:52 am Reply with quote

Possibly? Probably? I think so? Laughing I guess you will just have to try it and see.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) Bug Reports

View next topic
View previous topic