Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 21, 2009 11:24 pm Reply with quote

Jestrella, the iGallery module is looking really nice! Some questions / comments from the peanut gallery (OK, that's my father's site, but I helped him set it up!):

Will members / visitors be allowed to submit / rate (I see the rating function- must one be a member to vote? Why not use a slick jQuery rating script?) / comment on photos? Adding this kind of social interaction using photos from, say flickr, would really make one's site appealing while leveraging the benefits of a photo sharing service...

Any interest in pursuing Guardian's idea of integrating with photo sharing sites (i.e. Google's Picasaweb, flickr, Facebook, photobucket, etc.)? (FYI, I am hoping to add some social links to RNYA, and possible even add widgets - like photo viewers - to the user profile page as part of nukeSOCIAL(tm), though that's several months away at the earliest). Still, I think a full-fledged gallery with integration to some of these sites would be very interesting. And if you added other media...(movies / YouTube, music...)

When you're ready, how about a Wink / Camstudio video of the admin function?

My barber is from Haiti - is everyone on Hispaniola happy all the time? (ie: great pictures!)

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 12:06 am Reply with quote

Definitely looks very promising, it is about time there was a nice lightweight gallery for Nuke.

If you need any help testing let me know/ Wink

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:41 am Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Definitely looks very promising, it is about time there was a nice lightweight gallery for Nuke.

If you need any help testing let me know/ Wink

it is about time there was a nice lightweight gallery for Nuke
Evil or Very Mad Smack - I'm sure you meant it is about time there was a nice lightweight gallery for RavenNuke(tm)?

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote

Yes of course that is what I meant! Embarassed

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:18 pm Reply with quote

I feel not too smart, can't find the gallery on your site Embarassed
I would like to see it.
jc

PostPosted: Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:52 pm Reply with quote

It's in the news articles on the home page here, but to save you a click here it is: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jestrella

PostPosted: Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:44 am Reply with quote

@ Kevin, at least for this very first version I'm trying to keep it as simpler as possible, but of course I'm open for enhancements and ideas for the near future. So far yes, users can vote and comment pictures with no problem, everyone is allowed to vote and there is a switch to make comments public or only to registered users.

And btw... This might not be a rich nor powerful country but i have read somewhere that this country in fact has reach the fourth position in the worldwide human happiness index. Astonishing!!!

@ Others, thanks for the input.

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:45 pm Reply with quote

jestrella wrote:
This might not be a rich nor powerful country but i have read somewhere that this country in fact has reach the fourth position in the worldwide human happiness index. Astonishing!!.

Must be the great cigars! Smile I will take a Dominican over a Cuban any day...

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:05 pm Reply with quote

Yeah... that helps, for those who like them. Laughing

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2009 2:06 am Reply with quote

There are some excellent Classes available from my favorite website (PHP Classes) to allow integration of third party social photo sites like Flickr, Picassa, Wink etc and I think that would be the best way to go. It would also allow much easier integration of 'users galleries' from within RNYA.
Creating a new gallery module to allow access to third party social galleries is something I have wanted to do for a while but it remains at the bottom of my 'to do' list and will probably cross it off all together.

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 3:36 pm Reply with quote

iGallery is back in action... I can tell you is almost 90% completed, been working hard on it last days... I might have something soon for you to play with. On the meant time preview it on my test site....
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by jestrella on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:38 pm Reply with quote

RavenBukeā„¢ ROTFL

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:41 pm Reply with quote

My bad!!! Embarassed
it's now corrected Laughing

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:24 pm Reply with quote

Oh my... Embarassed

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:55 am Reply with quote

Well user side of the module is 100% completed, I now just need to do some work on the admin side (lets say is 70% completed)... Those willing to test, stay tuned! Laughing

As you might know, you can check the module in action at... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Last edited by jestrella on Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:33 pm; edited 1 time in total 
spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote

look forward to this one Smile
registered on one of your sites to check it out. Do you have a features list?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:00 am Reply with quote

Very promising gallery. If more blocks are developed it will be a strong candidate to replace coppermine for me one day. coppermine has been very very good to me Laughing
Congrats!

jc

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:04 am Reply with quote

J., this is really looking great! Are you planning on releasing it with RN in the future?

jestrella

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quote

Yes, and I will be honored!!!
Wave RavensScripts

sak
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:29 pm Reply with quote

What exactly is iGallery? I'm currently using Code-Authors (Guardian's) gallery 2.0. I really like it a lot, and am looking forward to 2.1 as well.

Is iGallery a third-party image service module like the CA one? Or is it one where you host the images yourself? Any info/update would be appreciated - the demo link above is broken.

I recommend this thread be moved to the Gallery forum - just a thought.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:29 pm Reply with quote

It is a stand alone gallery where you host your own images

online demo @ [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

sak

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:20 am Reply with quote

Looks very nice. Does it have handling for multiple image resolutions? Say you have a really huge image like 2500 px wide or something. Obviously you don't want this size shown by default, but you might want a chosen size to be shown and then have the capability for the user to snag the full resolution image.

Just wondered - but I really like what I see!!

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 9:41 am Reply with quote

sak wrote:
Looks very nice. Does it have handling for multiple image resolutions? Say you have a really huge image like 2500 px wide or something. Obviously you don't want this size shown by default, but you might want a chosen size to be shown and then have the capability for the user to snag the full resolution image.

Just wondered - but I really like what I see!!
Not at the moment, but will be a cool feature to add in the future

jestrella

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2010 4:39 pm Reply with quote

For the bravest users here I'm glad to present you the first alpha release of iGallery, still not stable enough, so it's intended for developers to have a sneak peak and do some testing and report back all possible bugs. And remember this version is still not suitable for production sites, use it at your own risk...

iGallery 0.9.7 (aka 1.0 alpha) features:
* Simple and elegant (Full CSS driven).
* 100% standards compliant.
* Requires at least RavenNuke(tm) 2.4.0 to run.
* Support Tegonuke(tm) Shortlinks.
* Unlimited categories and subcategories.
* English and spanish languages included.
* Users comments and rating.
* Upload images through the system (Still not working).
* Top images section.
* Recent user activity section.
* Quick construct (aka auto add images uploaded via FTP).
* KISS admin interface (Still not 100% completed).
* Other things hiding behind the walls of my mind. Laughing

If you want to give a try please PM me and i'll sebd you a copy... If you're not so brave to test that's fine, you can anyways live preview at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Yet to come as time allows...

v0.9.9 (aka 1.0 RC)
v1.0.0 (stable release)

Last edited by jestrella on Sun Jun 20, 2010 11:48 am; edited 3 times in total 
jestrella

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 5:10 pm Reply with quote

Beta time has come, I think is stable enough for production stages, just one function (Upload images through the system) is bugging me at the moment but it will be fixed for the RC.

People that want to give a try, debug and report please PM me and I will send you a copy. As always you can live preview it at... [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic