Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
pan
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:01 pm Reply with quote

I have ftp'd all the files and when I click it in modules it says this:

Hi,
Sorry -- I know you must be looking for MReviews but you cannot see it without installing it first.

Click here to install it.

OR

If you have already installed it then please delete install.php from modules/mreviews/ folder.

Thanks,
-Salman

I click 'here' to install and it's just a blank page...

What have I done wrong?

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:07 pm Reply with quote

look on line 36 of install.php and find
Code:
include("header.php");

change to

Code:
//include("header.php");

and try to run it again.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:39 pm Reply with quote

ok

all that did (after i click 'here') was remove everything in the webpage, strip all colours in the template and then it just shows the footer.

It stripped half the website
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:43 pm Reply with quote

Sorry, I was looking at mSearch.
Let me look at mReviews real quick.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:55 pm Reply with quote

Try on line 44 of install.php change

Code:
$filename = 'install.sql';

to

Code:
$filename = 'modules/mreviews/install.sql';

after you install it, delete the install.php and install.sql

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:00 pm Reply with quote

You will have an issue with the admin of mreviews. It uses the old $dbi layer. To get it to work, you will either need to convert the $dbi to $db or uncomment a couple of lines in mainfile.php

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:01 pm Reply with quote

Thanks.

You've saved me alot of time and trouble!

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:03 pm Reply with quote

Ok, now when I try to go into admin options I'm getting this:

The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Invalid at the top level of the document. Error processing resource 'http://www.mywebsite.com/admin.php?op=mreviews'. Li...

Unknown column 'radminreviews' in 'field list'<br />Unknown column 'radminreviews' in 'field list'<br /><?xml...

nuken wrote:
You will have an issue with the admin of mreviews. It uses the old $dbi layer. To get it to work, you will either need to convert the $dbi to $db or uncomment a couple of lines in mainfile.php

Is that what you were referring to?

Could you please expand on your reply, I'm unsure what you mean.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:26 pm Reply with quote

I'm looking at it now. you can try this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and see if it helps, but I don't think it will. It looks like the admin is looking for an admin in a special db table. I will look a little deeper into it and let you know.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:33 pm Reply with quote

That is not the $dbi change he is refering to. But it brings up another issue, this module hasn't been upgraded to the admin permission system used in phpNuke 7.5+

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:36 pm Reply with quote

So how can I get into the admin of this? I have seen people posting elsewhere saying they have had no issues using this module?

And now here I am unable to get into admin Sad

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

evaders99 wrote:
That is not the $dbi change he is refering to. But it brings up another issue, this module hasn't been upgraded to the admin permission system used in phpNuke 7.5+

What does that mean? Can I fix this?

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:57 pm Reply with quote

You could also look at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for an advanced reviews module that works on RN.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:59 pm Reply with quote

mreviews is going to need some work to get to work. Maybe someone has got it to work and can help.

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:06 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
You could also look at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] for an advanced reviews module that works on RN.

I can only find tar.gz files there, i need a normal filetype.

nuken wrote:
mreviews is going to need some work to get to work. Maybe someone has got it to work and can help.

What the f*** man, why is someone releasing more and more updated versions of a module that doesn't even work?

I have seen posts around of people that are using it, so why won't it work for me? It must work somehow?

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:13 pm Reply with quote

I found this:

The last 2 posts sound like my issue, but in my file there was no readme and there was no MReviews-sql.php file at all..

Did I get a bad download file or something?

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:31 pm Reply with quote

I have also looked on Nukecops and many people manage to install this further than I have gone, and can create things through admin panel (but then they have even more errors..)

This looks like it would be good if it worked but every version seems to be loaded with failure.

But there are people who have it working so there must be a way....

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:43 pm Reply with quote

I have the admin somewhat working, just some display issues that should be pretty easy to fix. If you can wait until tomorrow, I will get it working right and put the download on my site for you.

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 8:51 pm Reply with quote

I have redownloaded it from:

This time when I install it says this:

Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_mreviews_config` (`id`, `m_option`, `m_value`) VALUES (1, 'default_view', '1'), (2, 'no_columns', '2'), (3, 'allow_sv', '1'), (4, 'guests_post', '1'), (5, 'rev_moderation', '1'), (6, 'allowhtml', '1'), (7, 'max_thumbs', '10'), (8, 'show_no_editor', '0'), (9, 'show_right_blocks', '1'), (10, 'img_allowed', '1')

1062: Duplicate entry '1' for key 1

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:05 pm Reply with quote

here's the admin index.php for mreviews that should work for you. If not, I will look at it in the morning.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:07 pm Reply with quote

Just replace the modules/mreviews/admin/index.php with the one from the link and it should let you in the admin.

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:09 pm Reply with quote

pan wrote:

Code:
INSERT INTO `nuke_mreviews_config` (`id`, `m_option`, `m_value`) VALUES (1, 'default_view', '1'), (2, 'no_columns', '2'), (3, 'allow_sv', '1'), (4, 'guests_post', '1'), (5, 'rev_moderation', '1'), (6, 'allowhtml', '1'), (7, 'max_thumbs', '10'), (8, 'show_no_editor', '0'), (9, 'show_right_blocks', '1'), (10, 'img_allowed', '1')

Ok never mind that, I have it installed again but the admin page now just displays blank.

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:13 pm Reply with quote

pan wrote:
pan wrote:

Code:

Ok never mind that, I have it installed again but the admin page now just displays blank.

I have used your page for the admin file and replaced it but I still just get a blank page through admin panel

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:14 pm Reply with quote

My cpanel error log says this:

[Fri Apr 03 14:09:12 2009] [error] [client xx.xx.xxx.xx] File does not exist: /home/mylogin/public_html/images/MReviews, referer: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

pan

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:18 pm Reply with quote

This is driving me mental..

How can I get someone to fix this?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic