Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes
Argus
Client

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 5:52 pm Reply with quote

(Reposting from another forum as it was in a strange place. I'd really like to solve this one. Help me please! lol - thx in advance)

Heya...

Two of my users on separate websites are having the same problem. I did this:

1. Logged in as the user - I got the blank screen.
2. Logged out and logged back in as myself. I could see the forums.
3. Created a new user. I could see the forums.

It's definitely not a browser issue. It is something to do with that particular user. Does that help? I'd really like to get these users sorted out.

Thanks,

-Arg

EDIT: One site has 7.0 installed, one has 6.5 installed

sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Kinda grasping here have you verified the case of their usernames in the database?

If thats ok I'd try running a check on the tables to make sure that they aren't corrupt.

Otherwise I dunno I've seen people delete/recreate the user and then I think change the uid back to the original after deleting the original. But I'd say thats a last resort measure if all else has failed and would definelty make a backup first.

Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:02 pm Reply with quote

Heya,

The user in question told me that he changed his email address in his profile and then couldn't see the forum anymore. I logged in as him and couldn't seeit either. I then nuked his acct and he re-regged and I/he still can't see the forum. I subsequently created a new user and had no problems. I'll check the things you mentioned.

Thanks,

-Arg

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:21 pm Reply with quote

Check his user status in the nuke users table. Make sure it is a 1. Actually the username is case insensitive in MySQL queries.

Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:28 pm Reply with quote

in 7.0 what is user_actkey? Only this user and another unused user have an entry. Everyone else is null or no entry. The unused user complained his name was already regged and had to reg the same name a bit differently. Could this be a clue?

Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:37 pm Reply with quote

Further, on my 6.5 site I have about 8 entries like that with one of the users I know can't see teh board being one of them. hrrmm...Those entries correspond to a 0 in the user_active column. I'm guessing this was what you meant by user status. I'll try changing that. Any ideas on what causes this?

-Arg

Raven

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:40 pm Reply with quote

Chat can better answer this, but user_actkey has to do with a password reset, I believe. It's an activation key. I would have to investigate it further, but in the meantime, delete the user_actkey and set user_active to 1. Then contact Chatserv and ask for a better explanation of actkey.

Argus

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:43 pm Reply with quote

Rgr,

I deleted the actkey, set the user_active to 1 and then logged in as him. He can now see the boards.

THANK YOU.

Now to find out what's causing it. It would be interesting to see if other people have users with these fields set that way.

Thanks,

-Arg

Snorii

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 10:45 am Reply with quote

Hi, I'm getting the exact same problem with one of my users. I use phpnuke 7.3, however.

I looked at his entry in nuke_users. I deleted the user_acct_key. There is a user_active_cp field and it is currently set on yes. I did try it with that field set on no, but no luck either way.

He logs into nuke just fine, but the forums are simply blank.

sixonetonoffun

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:38 am Reply with quote

There should be in nuke_users user_active I'm not sure what user_active_cp is from.

Snorii

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:23 am Reply with quote

I did figure this out. I went into the phpbb admin part and turned his account to active there. I forgot to look there before. I think the problem was he changed his email address to one that didn't exist and couldn't confirm it. He wouldn't tell me what he did though, but said he was screwing around with his settings.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Bug Fixes

View next topic
View previous topic