Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire
horrorcode
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:26 pm Reply with quote

duck wrote:
The Mod uses GCalendar for Scheduling events and then in Blocks Admin you can schedule the Activation Deactivation of the block based on a scheduled Event in Gcal.

Just to clarify, would you be able to schedule the Activation/Deactivation when not using gcal?

Looked like alot of work from my pov.

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:32 pm Reply with quote

GCal must be installed for this Mod to work however it does not have to be active. You can set your Events by admin only with no public access to the calendar. I use gcal functions and it's Database to calculate and store the scheduling. This would be a huge undertaking on it's own so that is why I used gcal.

However the Activation of blocks reads the database through its own functions therefore GCal does not need to actually be running.

if you would like to see it in action here is a link:

http://demoblocks.phpnuke-clan.net/

You can turn on/off the use of Scheduling thru "Preferences" in Admin Panel (it's on right now by default).

Turn it on set an event in Gcal for 5 minutes ahead of whatever "SERVER TIME" it is when you test then set the turn off time event for 5 minutes later. When the Clock ticks to the time set refresh your page and you'll see your block active. When the time is up refresh again and viola it's inactive.

Note that I mention "SERVER TIME" not your clock if you look in preferences admin (under gcal path setting) you'll see the Server Time so compare that to your time and adjust your scheduled event accordingly in your time. IE if Server Time is 3:07 pm and your time is 5:07pm and you want to see the Activate at 5:10 pm your time you set the Event in gcal to 3:10 pm.

Admin Login is:

username demo
password demoadmin

User Login is:

username demo
password demouser

Play and have fun but please leave it in good condition for others.

P.S. I am not home right now or I would start offer for download for Beta to people but expect to see the package soon.

michael_s

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote

Thank you all for the input, ideas, and conversation.

Thank you duck for working with me and getting this going!
Awesome work! Thanks!

horrorcode

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote

Very nice, Im testing it now and it seems to be flawless. Cant wait to see this released, maybe one day see the functionality built in.

Im wondering how hard it would be to get this to work with other block mods, for example center 4 blocks and the blocks manager. For now I dont care though, Amazing stuff!

duck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:51 am Reply with quote

Thanks Guys!

I have the Package Ready actually but I decided I wanted to add a little more instruction with it so I'll try to get that done tomorrow and repackage it.
Right now it has installation instructions but not really any about how to use it or how it works so I'll add those. Once done I will put up a link for download and as well offer it to Raven for download here as well as inclusion in his next release if he likes it.

Also expect a proper news announcement too. BTW a good portion of my time was paid for in this project by Michael on behalf of the http://brandnewchurch.com so please also remember to thank them as well as it is because of them this mod was made.

Thanks again,

Duck

trunks
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:25 am Reply with quote

Sounds pretty cool, look forward to seeing it Smile

duck

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:37 pm Reply with quote

Current Package is available here: http://www.phpnuke-clan.net/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownload&cid=3#cat
for those wanting to try it out.

News announcement coming soon.

duck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:35 am Reply with quote

Please note:

While reviewing the mod I found a mistake that I don't know how I missed the first 20 reviews. Anyway the download is updated for those who wish to redownload. The Mistake was I forgot to define the word _EVENT and had typed _NONE where it should be.

All that needs replaced is the file BlocksSched.php and a line added to your lang-english file: For those that would rather just edit the file themselves the changes made are such:

Code:

Open inc;udes/BlocksSched.php

change line 58

From

echo "</select> "._NONE.": <select name=\"eventid\" id=\"eventid\">";

To

echo "</select> "._EVENT.": <select name=\"eventid\" id=\"eventid\">";

Then OPEN admin/language/lang-english.php

and BEFORE
?>

ADD

define('_EVENT','  Event');

SAVE and close files.

That's it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire

View next topic
View previous topic